Yar! Talking About Pirates We Be!

EXO

Saw it yesterday. I'm sorry to say that some of the criticism is justified. The film wasn't quite as good as the first and was overly long. Still, it was entertaining enough and I am very interested to see how all this turns out. Just a shame it wasn't as good or superior to the first.

Saw it this past Saturday. I thought the movie was great, but it could have been edited down by another 15 minutes to make the pacing a little more taut. And I loved the little nuggets for the sharp eyed movie goer to pick up on in the Tortuga tavern sequence... <spoiler - highlight to view ->the fat guy coming out of the barrel and spitting water was a great homage to the theme ride.<spoiler>

Edited by mechaninac

Gonna plan to see it this weekend. I heard that the 3rd movie is coming out by the end of this year, is that true?

417181[/snapback]

Nope. That was changed a while back when they couldn't meet the deadlines. the last one is going to be a year away.

I hated how it how it really didn't finish it's own story, but depended on POC3 to finish it off. Other than that, I loved it.

415036[/snapback]

Anyone stay for the end credit clip?

415124[/snapback]

Sure did! Mainly because the first movie had a end credit clip too which explains why the monkey is still undead in this movie. BTW anyone play Monkey Island? For some reason I got the sense I was watching a live action version of it.

415132[/snapback]

I didn't know to stay. What is the end clip and also why is the monkey still undead?

I didn't know to stay.  What is the end clip and also why is the monkey still undead?

417188[/snapback]

The dog is sitting on the savage's throne with a bone in his mouth. That's it.

In the first Pirates film there is a small sequence after the credits. The monkey is shown climbing the pile of gold where Barbossa lies after his shooting. He picks up a coin from the chest and leaves.