Sv-51 Macross Zero Valk

snooze

Does anyone know if Yamato ever plans to make the SV-51 valk that appeared on Macross Zero? I know they've already created the VF-0s but it would be great if they could also make the SV-51 Ivanov or Nora type...that would wrap up the collection for the Zero fans...

here's a nice link to this SV-51 Ivanov:

http://www.gamerabaenre.com/ivanov.htm

Snooze

Edited by snooze

Dammit, thought this was a thread for it's announcement.......<_<...I knew it was too soon.

413753[/snapback]

So did I. Got all excited for nothing. Probably for the better though..... need some time to build up the toy fund again....

Back when they were working on the 1/100 VF-0S, didn't they announce that they were going to do the SV-51? I know that all that got scrapped in favor of the 1/60 VF-0 with perfect transformation. I guess it'll probably all depend on how well the VF-0S and 0A sells, and how well the 19 turns out, since the 19 is a difficult one to get right (and the SV-51 looks pretty damned complicated to convert into toy form with perfect transformation).

Seems damn near impossible to me to get perfect transformation for the SV-51.

If they pull it off I'll get three just to show my gratitude to Yamato.

413848[/snapback]

That's what we thought with the VF-1 and the YF-19. Now look where we are.

Seems damn near impossible to me to get perfect transformation for the SV-51.

If they pull it off I'll get three just to show my gratitude to Yamato.

413848[/snapback]

Out of all of Kawamori-san's designs, the SV-51 should have the one of the most perfect transformations. He first designed the mech with lego which could transform to all three modes. Then he overlapped his pencil drawings designs over a camera picture of the lego model keeping all proportions the same. I believe he did this process for the Monster as well. Anyways the whole process could be seen on his second Designworks book. Yamato shouldn't have too much of a problem except perhaps the way the nose cone bends back for the groin part and nearly dissapears. That and perhaps trying to make sure the toy is structually stable, articulated, and playable.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10343