Futurama Fans Rejoice!!!!!!!!

Dobber

Not that I'm spoiler-hungry, but did the hypno-toad happen to make an appearance?

Yes, and an unhappy hypnotoad is not a good thing.

All(ok, most) of the good recurring characters make an appearance. The new bad guy aliens looked a lot like those scummy alien hobos from Ice Pirates, purposefully I think, and that's a good thing.

I really enjoyed it. We need more. 010010001010100010000100001000001111000110001000010010000110001110100 *poof*

I really enjoyed it. We need more. 010010001010100010000100001000001111000110001000010010000110001110100 *poof*

LOL! Sweet bongo of the congo! It was a good movie, very touching in the end - 010010001010100010000100001000001111000110001000010010000110001110100!!! (lol!!!)

• 6 months later...

Futurama thread revival time!

My little gray robot, you know, BENDER!, arrived yesterday. This is part of the toynami Futurama line. BBTS was pretty sly about selling him and went and partnered this figure with Kif who's still in package, and whom I will likely ebay. Although it is pretty cool that Kif comes with one of the alien balls from the ball planet.

But getting back to that robot, you know, BENDER! Turned out better than I expected. He's about 5 to 6 inches tall, and what surprised me is that there's three different eye visors to use to depict different moods. The Olde Fortran doesn't clip into the hand as well as I'd like, but it does stay. The only real dissappointment is that he comes with that pile of cash you see in the foreground in the one pic, but guess where you can't put it? Sadly, it won't fit in his chest. :( On the upside, you can use the chest as storage for the extra visors and a can of Mom's Robot Oil. The other dissappointment, although this probably isn't fair, is that he comes with the Robot Devil's top hat and cane, but the hat is completely filled in, so Bender can't wear it.

I still have the tin wind-up Bender from years ago, but I lost the can of Olde Fortran and the wind-up key during a move. One thing he does have over this little guy is a cigar you can put in his mouth that could also rotate around in head from a silent look to a "talking" one.

bender1.jpg

"Whutchoo talkin bout chump and chumpette?"

bender2.jpg

"I am Bender. Please insert girder."

bender3.jpg

"There's people who haven't heard of Bender!?"

Edit: Oh, and there's a youtube Futurama trailer here for The Beast with a Billion Backs. Bender's in it.

Edited by Alpha OTS

Seeing as how the Bender figure is just a re-release of the MAC figure from 2001 or so, it's nice to see that Toynami added the eyes to make it at least a little different from the original. I'm still not sure if I'll get one seeing as how I have the original. I really want figures of the Professor, Amy and Hermies to round out the Planet Express crew but I kind of doubt they'll get to them before the line peters out.

The other dissappointment, although this probably isn't fair, is that he comes with the Robot Devil's top hat and cane, but the hat is completely filled in, so Bender can't wear it.

These would be for the Robot Devil build-a-figure I presume so it's not really surprising that Bender can't use them.

Good news that you found them anyway, hopefully they'll be showing up in Oz before too long!

• 2 weeks later...
sweet got leaked 2 weeks early watched it earlier pretty good I liked the first one better but still good futurama so good bender poo bricks. Definitely plan to pick it up like the first.

I...ahem...watched it. It's ok. The first one was definitely better. This was missing something. I can't quite pinpoint what it was just yet. Maybe it'll get better on a repeat viewing.

Diamondillium is stronger, btw.

More Futurama figures on the way apparently...

Series 4 [Nudar & Fry as Captain Yesterday]

Series 5 [Calculon & Leela as Clobberella]

Series 6 [super King Bender & Lrrr of Omicron]

Nudar? Need my memory refreshed as to who this is...

Kinda disappointing line-up IMO, would have liked to see some other characters ie the Professor / Chef Elzar / Amy / Hermes / Robot Santa / the Don Bot / Mom etc etc...

Wonder if there will be a build-a-figure with this series as well, and who would it be? GIVE US HEDONISM BOT!

:lol: