What Are The Best Warner Bros Animated Shorts?

A recent conversation got me thinking about this. I love the old WB shorts, and there's so many good ones that I have a hard time picking a favorite. Some of the ones I like the most are:

Daffy the Commando - It's when Daffy is still umm... daffy and not the annoying later version and it makes fun of nazis. What's not to love? Oh, and the line "Messerschmidts! A whole mess a'Messerschmidts!" cracks me up every time.

What's Opera Doc - Wagner + Bugs Bunny + Elmer Fudd = awesome. Spear and magic helmet!

Duck Amock - Okay, this is a later Daffy one that I actually like just for it's sheer brilliance.

One Froggy Evening - This used to be my all time favorite, but it's gotten so much over play in the last few years (mostly due to the WB network) that it's dropped in my mind. Still a great bit though.

So, which of the old (or new, I guess) WB cartoon shorts are your favorite?

I knew it! I knew I remembered seeing this clip once a long time ago. Proof positive that these shorts were originally meant for grownups, you know--today's generations, exposed to sex, violence and other adult themes so early on, just don't seem to get that. The Porky Pig "blooper reel."

God, so many to choose from. Such a huge volume of work. Who knows just how much of the work from Termite Terrace has been lost to obscurity and or deterioration? They don't make cartoons like they used to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4IXLmlF_6k...rch=porky%20pig

*That's right! I'm the last of tha Do Do's! Do do do do de do de do de oh do do...

Edited by reddsun1

That was the Abominable Snow Man.  "Oh boy! Oh boy. Just what I've always wanted, my own wittle bunny wabbit.  I will hug him and squeeze him and call him George"

408702[/snapback]

Ah yes...you're right! There was a big furry red thing too though, wasn't there? Ws he a Marvin the Martian character?

The red hairy monster was in a couple of shorts. One was with Marvin Martian, and another was as a pet to the evil scientist when Bugs winds up in the mad doctor's castle, and the doc wants Bugs' brain for his robot. You know, the one where Bugs is snoring away during a t'storm, and the rain floods his rabbit-hole; he gets carried to the castle by the stream.

"You know, inn-teresting monsters should always have inn-teresting hair-do's, I always say...."

"And so, having re-disposed of the monstah, exit our hero...."

Edited by reddsun1

'One Froggy Evening' is still my fave but 'Rabbit Fire' has a special place too...

BUGS: No! It's duck-huntin' season!!

DAFFY: That, sir, is an inmitigated frabication!! It's wabbit season!!

BUGS: Duck Season!

DAFFY: Wabbit season!!

BUGS: Duck season!!

BUGS: Duck season!!

BUGS: Wabbit season!!

DAFFY: Duck season!!

BUGS: Wabbit season!!

DAFFY: I say it's duck season and I say Fire!! (Elmer fires. Daffy's bill is blown askew.)

Anything from the older generation of cartoon shorts that was violent and didn't have Foghorn Leghorn.  I hated him.

408843[/snapback]

Foghorn always scared me as a kid. His booming southern voice, and his large, mutated half-human half-rooster body were just all kinds of wrong. :ph34r:

The red furball monster thingy isn't the abominable snowman, it's Gossamer.

Only in a few cartoons though.

408741[/snapback]

D'Oh!!! I was drunk last night when I answered that. Proof positive that alcohol and message boards don't mix.

Mr. Abominableble was all white and could speak. Gossamer was red and, as far as I can remember, was mute. Daffy's reaction to seeing Gossamer was classic though.

Anybody seen the TV spots for "Little Man," the upcoming Wayans Bros movie? From what I've seen of the commercials, it's just the Babyface Finster schtick. I guess the old WB shorts have been off the air long enough for them to presume people will think it's actually an original idea.

babybuggybunny.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Yeah, that Wabbit Season one is hilarious.

I always liked "Duck Dodgers in the 24th and 1/2 Century". They have to find Planet X... by following planets A, B, C, etc... :lol:

Also, it's got Marvin the Martian in it.

Yeah, that Wabbit Season one is hilarious.

I always liked "Duck Dodgers in the 24th and 1/2 Century".  They have to find Planet X... by following planets A, B, C, etc...  :lol:

Also, it's got Marvin the Martian in it.

409714[/snapback]

"Like I said, this planet's not big enough for the both of us. So, off you go!" :lol: