Need Pics Of Destroid Models

Justiciar

Hi all,

If anyone has any destroid kits, could you please post some pics? In particular I'm looking to see how all of the joints, especially in the legs, work. Pics of the Tomahawk and Spartan would be great. Thanks in advance.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm working on a 6mm (1/285) scale project.

Wow Battletech miniatures, I still have most of the old ones. Back then friends kept asking me why I was painting them in those funny colours like white with black stripes! :D Need to check some boxes in the basement, I should still have the equivalents for the 4 destroids, Glaug and some Valks. Seems soo long ago....

Classic Battletech scale?  My oh my, you're not doing Unseens in Macross schemes, are you?

407168[/snapback]

You're not suggesting, that just because I have access to a rapid prototyping machine, that I'd build some high detail microarmor-scale Unseens, are you? And I certainly wouldn't do them for everyone that's interested. Because that would just be wrong...

And I've tried googling for pics. The problem is the most people (understandably) take beauty shots. I need shots of the joint mechanisms. It's hard to make a CAD model when you don't know what the base looks like.

:lol: I've you would say a Clan Mad Dog or a Clan Timber Wolf I could give you a nice scan (Front and Side)...

I don't have any Inner Sphere design...I'll take a look and let you know. Maybe these help out ?

post-2689-1150149789_thumb.jpg

post-2689-1150149815.jpg

post-2689-1150149839_thumb.jpg

To cross link to your other thread. this Warhammer is build using the destroids from Hobby Fan. Prepare to spend a lot of time on the cleaning up. The molds are E.O.L. I think and there's a lot of flash. they are fairly detailled

I have I think all the classic Btech figures in my loft/attic. RalPartha the U.K producer was just down the road from me. At the mo they are stashed in special cary cases. I just got to find them.

A while ago Kanata was saying it would be cool to cast some of the macross ones up and make a chess set out of them.

Just, you /could/ just become my new friend if you start cranking out super-detailed Unseens.... adn then, if you offer them in 1/60 scale (28mm) for my toher minis addicitons, I might have to marry youa dn make you make figures for me all day!

Just, you /could/ just become my new friend if you start cranking out super-detailed Unseens.... adn then, if you offer them in 1/60 scale (28mm) for my toher minis addicitons, I might have to marry youa dn make you make figures for me all day!

407732[/snapback]

Easy there, I'm not MAX-L, I don't swing that way ;)

Are the toes supposed to bend? How about the ankles? Are the hips just supposed to move fore & aft or are they supposed to move outwards as well?

One thing I hate about 1/285 is the lack of poseability. What I'm planning is more akin to miniature model kits rather than traditional minis. I'd like to make them a little more kit-bash friendly. So I'm trying to figure out how to handle the joints.

Hmmm well, for the common legs, there's the hips, which are all around motion, and the knees, which are straight up 2d motion knees with some kind of cowling cover on the joints, and the feet have the ankle, and two part feet that move just like a Gundam's with the front half of the foot and the heel part being seperate and moving seperately... you know what? I'll grab some line art tonight and draw on the motions in photoshop for you... that'll make this alot easier :)

mcr098l.jpg

This one's really helpful to start off of the main site...

EDIT: Alright, here's pictures of the three marked up by me with the joints and some notes... I'm no techincal artist, so bear with me, but I think they are pretty clear. Only thing I don't know about is the Phalanx's shoulders....

post-2015-1150332928_thumb.jpg

Edited by promethuem5

I don't actually have DYRL to watch, nor have I ever seen it... <ducks>

The photoshop art is helpful. It seems I was more or less right with how I thought things would move. I was afraid of that. The arms for all will be simple enough. Those legs are going to be a hassle. Ball joints are rather hard to do. That "flexible cover" behind the knee might require multiple pieces (fully extended, fully bent, midpoint), with the end modeller choosing which pose he wants and using the appropriate piece.

But if you guys want that (and understand that that sort of detail makes it a little more expensive), then I'll see what I can do.

This kind of coincides with the Monster thread. If any Mod cares to merge the threads...

I'll be starting with the Monster. From there I'll progress to the other Destroids. From there on to some of the "weirder" variable fighters (Vampire, frex).

I'll try to be as accomodating as possible re scales.

If everyone is ok with it, I think I'll offer a drawing, for each model I do, to give away a free one.