Toys You Always Wanted

What I never got was when they controlled what I could get. Not talking about price or toy safety. Just when they decided that you'll get this toy because they think the other one you want was just some trend. You point out the toy that you liked and were even smart enough to point out that it cost the same ammount as the last toy but in the end they bought you something else I hated that!

Speaking of which i don't think i eve saw the figures packed individually.  The ones that were packed in pretty detailed alright, but a little light on the paint apps if i recall. 

If by "a little light on the paint apps" you mean "completely devoid of paint", you do recall correctly. :)

403258[/snapback]

Hmm, really? I thought they had painted faces and hands at least? I mean a light spackle of tan on the face and hands, nothing detailed. I must be mistaking them with maybe some of my G.U.T.S. figures that i had... hmm but those were bigger i think...

GUTS!

403279[/snapback]

You are mistaking them.

I've still got mine somewhere, and they've got as much paint on them as the day they were unboxed. I might still have manuals even.

I too have a story to share. Would someone be so kind as to provide a violin or cue a song called "Back in The Day"? Both would do just fine. :p

When I was a kid, I considered myself pretty fortunate to be able to get the things I had or still have I should say. Micro Machines be it Military, Star Wars/Trek or Z-Bots(damn these are cool)? Got'em(I still even have the Babylon 5 set!). A Chunky Monkey VF-1S? No problem! It may have had one arm but DAMN I had a ball. However there was ONE toy I never got: a Snake-Man action figure from the Mega Man cartoon back in the day.

I remember that day well when I had it in my hands. It was Christmas Eve of '95. I was with my mom to go finish up so late Christmas shopping at a Toys R Us right next to Arden Fair Mall hear in Sacramento. My mom let me go with her under the condition that I would just look at the toys. The store was crowded as expected to be with parents screaming at each other and store associates just as fustrated. Then there it was just as I entered the action figures section. The who isle was stocked a plenty with Snake-Man figures. Right then I knew I wanted it. I found my mom and pleaded as hard I could to let me have the figure. But alas it was not to be. So I put the toy back and dragged my feet out of the store when my mom finally finished. After Christmas and for many months after, me, my mom,my brothers and even my some of my aunts would try to find it again. In the end however, I would never see that figure ever again.

In retrospect, the Snake-Man figure wasn't very poseble and only had one accessory(MSiAs have spoiled me rotten). But still if I ever see that figure again only to display it for postarity, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

post-2788-1148977828_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flaming Guantlet