Minmay Guard 1 --- Project #3

GutsAndCasca

Fighter mode pics are in, I didn't do gerwalk, and I'm not in the mood to take this sucker outta' the box and transform it again. post-3666-1148535599_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535680_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535749_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535826_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535946_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148536029_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148579881_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148579918_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148579932_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148579971_thumb.jpg

post-3666-1148716219_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148716334_thumb.jpg

Check me back in a year or two and I'll be turning out better lookin' stuff. :p

I'm thinking I'll spray it with a lusterless clear. For now, it's got a lotta' shiny gloss because the thought of any decals scraping off this thing scares the HELL out of me.

post-3666-1148716135_thumb.jpg

Edited by GutsAndCasca

Alright tonight I finished my Minmay Guard - almost. I still need to do the heat shield and the gunpod. BUT, I got excited and decided to post some pictures pronto. I want my 4th custom to be better, so gimme' your constructive or mean cricitsm! Sorry, no gerwalk or fighter pictures yet, it's 11pm and I'm about to head to sleep. Don't laugh too hard, here they are.post-3666-1148535599_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535680_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535749_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535826_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148535946_thumb.jpgpost-3666-1148536029_thumb.jpg

402109[/snapback]

Nice. SHouldn't it be a vf1s instead of a vf1j. :rolleyes: . I like it.

The very 1st picture I ever saw of a Minmay guard hasegawa kit showcased a VF1J MG. So I actually thought the MG1 was suPPosed to be a 1J, but later found out they're supposed to be 1S's. Since I've been dreaming of owning my very own 1/48 scale MG1 ever since, I decided to try and make it a bit like the photo I still have of the hasegawa kit. I'll post the hasegawa photo tomorrow at school where I have cable-speed instead of dial up.

NOTE: When I make my MG2 next, it'll definitely be a 1S.

Here's the photo of the MG1 I first saw -

post-3666-1148580161_thumb.jpg

Beautiful, is it not? (Mine doesn't come close, I know)

Edited by GutsAndCasca

Wow, that turned out really nice! Great job, GutsAndCasca! The only thing I would do differently is to put a matte finish on it since it's a bit glossy right now. Other than that, it looks awesome. One day I'll be brave enough to try something like that.

That thing looks great and I really like the scheme on the VF-1J!

No way you'll get much bad criticism for that work. I would second the idea to use a satin or matte finish after you're done with the heatshield.

I'm not sure if it's the pics, but your panel lines look kind of purplish too. I like that too. Makes them blend in a little and be subtle, but still visible.

Did you use decals from Devin (Anasazi)?

Now show us some fighter pics! :D

I guess I also need to add in, I'M NO EXPERT. So maybe I'm not even allowed to be posting in this section? Apologies if that's the case.

402109[/snapback]

None of us are experts.

There are a few outstanding builders around here, but they are the exception.

Excellent work, very clean. The shine does take away from the illusion of scale.

Very nice! :D

That thing looks great and I really like the scheme on the VF-1J!

No way you'll get much bad criticism for that work. I would second the idea to use a satin or matte finish after you're done with the heatshield.

I'm not sure if it's the pics, but your panel lines look kind of purplish too. I like that too. Makes them blend in a little and be subtle, but still visible.

Did you use decals from Devin (Anasazi)?

Now show us some fighter pics! :D

402210[/snapback]

Yes! I got my decals from Devin. Really nice decals, by the way. Worth every penny now that I'm jus'about done!

looking good,...looking real good.

damn it looks bangin.  i wish i had more balls to take on a real custom but alas i have raisins instead of plums.  :p

402236[/snapback]

Yeah right! I've seen some of your customs and they're awesome.

Nice work, that sceme is just not my cup-o-tea

402634[/snapback]

Really??? I think the MGs are the coolest things I've ever seen. I guess I'm just in love with the concept is all. I soooooooo wish I could get my hands on the original model kits for these. Either way, having a 1/48 MG is the sh-t! Took a lotta' hard work, and of course I screwed up some things it being my 1st "real" custom job... but I'm still happy as hell. :lol:

Yeah man, don't get me wrong, thats some quality work sittin there.  I wish i could customise like that.

403331[/snapback]

Believe me, you could do much better if you were to try, I'm sure of it!!! I don't think it's that great of work, 'cuz only a couple of people have commented at all. By the way - the heat shield has been finished! I just haven't taken pictures.

But I really appreciate the positive feedback; it makes it less scary to try out my next custom. Thanx again!

---Bri

Edited by GutsAndCasca

Nice work, Brian! Of all the sets I make, the MG1 Strike is probably the most difficult to work with. How well the custom has turned out is a testament to your skill. Are you going to customize the armor and RMS-1 nukes to match? It would be a shame to have that part of the decal set go to waste.... :(

Nice work, Brian!  Of all the sets I make, the MG1 Strike is probably the most difficult to work with.  How well the custom has turned out is a testament to your skill.  Are you going to customize the armor and RMS-1 nukes to match?  It would be a shame to have that part of the decal set go to waste....  :(

403808[/snapback]

Thank you very much Devin! A compliment coming from you is a high compliment indeed. Put a smile on my face! Yes --- I plan on doing the strike armor, but for the mean time, I only have one extra set to work with, and I plan on using that for the MG2, since it's more essential to the model. Money's a bit too tight right now for an extra set of armor, unfortunately. But rest assured, those decals will not go to waste, they are way too cool to let sit around! Thanks again, Dev!