Anyone Painted Their 1/48's Feet/nozzles?

David Hingtgen

While my 1/48 Milia is in pieces being tweaked (mainly sanding, gluing, and clear nail polishing) I've already got the feet out and am thinking about painting them to match the 1/60. I'll probably take the feet totally apart into pieces prior to painting, but I'm wondering about long-term flaking/chipping--especially with most metallic paints being more fragile. I plan to use Tamiya Flat Metallic Grey, it matches pretty well to Yamato's dark metallic paint.

PS--pics of painted 1/48 feet would be nice, or opinions of if it looks better once you did it.

I'll probably take the feet totally apart into pieces prior to painting..

399476[/snapback]

while i haven't painted the feet of a 1/48(i assume the toy and not the model)i would suggest not taking apart the foot at all. even if you thin down the paint, it'll still be too thick and you'll have a hard time reassembling the foot and end up scracthing off a lot of the paint.

i ran into this problem when i painted my A head for the TV max as well as a set of FPs(i disassembled things i could've left alone) so i think you'll be better off leaving it assembled and painting it in the open position.

Due to how the 1/48 foot is assembled, I planned to take it apart to avoid having paint get anywhere it'd be a problem. If I leave it whole, and spray the whole thing, paint gets everywhere. If I take it apart, I can leave out all the "mechanism" parts and not paint them at all, as the hinge is quite separate from the main part of the foot.

DH,

if you're doing it that way, it should work just fine.

i'm sure you're just displaying your valk but the feet are kind of high traffic so to speak so paint scratching/chipping is inevitable.

if anything, i'd use some kind of stock metallic paint just so you can touch it up when need be without having to color match in the future but hey, i'm sure you already knew that. :)