Acrylic Are Not Good???

deadboy

If you plan to transform it, I don't think any paint will really be long-term durable. If I'm wrong, somebody will correct me on that.

From my own experience I would say acrylics may be slightly more durable than enamels. But the difference probably isn't vast.

The main difference between the two types are the kinds of thinner used in the product. Different brands within a category (like Tamiya or Gunze Sangyo for acrylics) might have different durability qualities.

In short, I don't know of any perfect paint (though a dye might work better) that will stand up to many transformations.

If your goal is just a display piece, however, then I think any kind of model paint will do the job.

If you plan to transform it, I don't think any paint will really be long-term durable.  If I'm wrong, somebody will correct me on that.

From my own experience I would say acrylics may be slightly more durable than enamels.  But the difference probably isn't vast.

The main difference between the two types are the kinds of thinner used in the product.  Different brands within a category (like Tamiya or Gunze Sangyo for acrylics) might have different durability qualities.

In short, I don't know of any perfect paint (though a dye might work better) that will stand up to many transformations.

If your goal is just a display piece, however, then I think any kind of model paint will do the job.

394472[/snapback]

In an italian forum somebody tells me that enamels are much more durable than acrylics.

Anyway i would like to transform and pose the yam. even after painted.

I would like to use also a good clear and primer( i got the tamiya fine primer, is it good??)

Enamels vs. acrylics probably comes down to individual factors. I've noticed when I model that acrylics handle much better without wearing while I'm building than enamels do.

But someone else might prefer enamels. A lot of it might depend on your personal style and method, so it's hard to judge. At least in my opinion.

Primer and sealer will certainly help against paint wear, but remember that every layer of primer, paint, and sealer between tight-fitting movable parts is just asking for chipping, peeling, and wear when you move the joints.

You can probably help offset most of this by disassembling as much as you can before painting any of it, and leaving abutting pieces as paint free as you can manage.

There's no way to prevent transformation wear no matter what paint you use, all you can do is change the degree to which paint wear occurs.

The most important thing is a good primer, it has to "bite" into the plastic, just spraying on some grey won´t help.

Paints from spray cans like the ones from Tamiya will adhere better than heavily diluted airbrushed paint.

A good clear finish will make it even more durable.

Downside: the thicker the paint coat gets the more likely it will chip off.... :(

These things are more important than the acrylics/enamel discussion IMO.

Still, if you have some kind of friction between parts, be prepared to retouch the paint job every once in a while. That´s why toys are usually made with pre-colored plastic - which will yellow after a time - I really think there is no perfect solution to this.

I´d say you can paint any Valk, model or toy, use your favorite brand, then try to be as careful as you can while transforming it and never give it to anyone else to try!

Edited by honneamise

yes. because there's actually a bunch of similar topics like yours on this board. Please use the friendly search function. Just imagine if youre asked the same question for 100 times. Wouldn't you be bored?

aaajin

yes. because there's actually a bunch of similar topics like yours on this board. Please use the friendly search function. Just imagine if youre asked the same question for 100 times. Wouldn't you be bored?

aaajin

395184[/snapback]

thanks, you're so kind... and what exactly should i search please???

Some of the guys here have used Krylon Fusion and Plastikote on their customs with pretty good results. Here is the link for that. Here is another. The major problem is that the colors are pretty limited, but they tend to hold up better to transformations than do normal paints.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Thank you very much for the link , but now i got the problem to find a shop that sell

KRYLON Fusion at least in europe if not in italy.

On the web i ve found just usa shops that don't ship internationally.

Edited by deadboy

Have you tried contacting Krylon directly and asking them if they have a any dealers in Europe where you could purchase the product?

You have to try to help yourself first and then,if that fails, let people know what you've tried and ask for help. You can't expect others to do all the leg work for you.

What's the problem man??Is it a fatigue for someone passing here who know something writing down some words to me???What could be this forum useful for, otherwise?

What's wrong with you pleople here????

Sorry, maybe it's a language thing. It just seems to me that you've gotten responses and answers to your questions. A good paint to use is Krylon Fusion. Now on the same day that Die Alien Scum! told you about it your asking for someone to direct you to somewhere online where you can get the stuff. Then, when no one responds after a day or so, you ask again. But you haven't said what you've tried or how you've searched, So it's kind of difficult to help.

Like I said earlier have you tried to contact Krylon directly? I think that would be your best bet for finding the stuff.

Now, I normally don't spend much time in this section....Of course I see this and well...appears I need to spend some time here.

deadboy, we've answered your questions as best we can. Many users on this forum don't live in Europe, therefore, don't know the area. I suggest you visit a modeling forum for more detailed answers. We can only help you so much. You need to look around yourself, or do some research on your own in another forum/site or on the streets of where you live.

Asking isn't a problem, but you come off as very demanding, you are posting to a global message board demanding that someone find you a particular can of spraypaint and then throwing attitude laden messages at the board when you don't get a response in 45 minutes.

Basically, chill out, we're all friends here, or at least try to be. If someone knows how to get what you are looking for in your neighborhood I'm sure they'll share. In the meantime, do a little reading, scope out some modelling forums for other suggestions, you may find an easier fix utilizing products that you can obtain locally, whereever you are that won't require you to get a 2dollar can of spraypaint shipped around the globe at a cost of about 50 bucks.

Good luck in your quest.

Asking isn't a problem, but you come off as very demanding, you are posting to a global message board demanding that someone find you a particular can of spraypaint and then throwing attitude laden messages at the board when you don't get a response in 45 minutes. 

Basically, chill out, we're all friends here, or at least try to be.  If someone knows how to get what you are looking for in your neighborhood I'm sure they'll share.  In the meantime, do a little reading, scope out some modelling forums for other suggestions, you may find an easier fix utilizing products that you can obtain locally, whereever you are that won't require you to get a 2dollar can of spraypaint shipped around the globe at a cost of about 50 bucks.

Good luck in your quest.

396692[/snapback]

Oh really , now a 2 $ spray can should be enough??

Listen: i spent hours reading this forum , and actually i found a lot of interesting things but obviously i damaged enough my real life time, so i was obliged to ask to save some time;i know how to use the web and i did a lot of researches all around, but incredible to believe, the majority of links that i found here were impossible to me to find other way , for example using google.

That's why i thought that here you people could help me find what i couldn't find by myself.

I waited a day , not 45 minutes, and after i saw hundred of people saw my topic i just was surprised that nobody could know something that could help me; i haven't said:

Why the hell no one farting idiot want to help me i just told a kind: Nobody can help me???

So why are you people so rude??Have you eaten some rotten things this morning??

Is it a crime for you to open a new topic just for this??Should i be some kind of v.i.p. to do it??

In fact another boy just today opened another topic asking the same things i asked to you??Are you going to responde to him like you did with me??

We'll see..

Edited by deadboy

Hey, I answered your early questions to the best of my knowledge/experience.

If you want specific information about plastikote or krylon you have to wait until somebody who actually knows the stuff comes along.

That may take more than a day.

I never used it, so I can't give you advice. I'm certainly not going to take a guess and risk you ruining the piece you're working on.

You're just going to have to be patient and wait for an answer... or find out on your own. That's all there is to it. We can't tell you what we don't know.

Yelling at people because they are unable to help you isn't a way to get help.

Someone already suggested you should contact Krylon directly for an European distributor. Something else you can do is see what Krylon or Plastikote uses and see if someone in Europe produces a similar product. You don't have to use these specific brand. If there is something similar somewhere else, you are welcomed to use that. People only mention what they use since these products produce the results they want. They don't want to mention other products since they are unsure of the results.

Saying things like this will not help you:

Why the hell no one farting idiot want to help me i just told a kind: Nobody can help me???

So why are you people so rude??Have you eaten some rotten things this morning??

Is it a crime for you to open a new topic just for this??Should i be some kind of v.i.p. to do it??

At this point, I see no reason to keep this thread open as long as you keep posting like this.