Who Likes Air Force Delta As Well?

Phalanx

This topic of mine was inspired by the Ace Combat Zero thread so I had to ask there anybody out there that likes Air Force Delta as well? I have the first 2 games but I still haven't played the third one but I was just curious to know. :)

There was an Airforce Delta Strike thread when the game came out. Yes, a lot of people liked it including myself. I like how the new Battlestar Galactica series pilot's have flight suits that really look like those of the flight suits in that game.

Edited by Gaijin

Oh, then I'm late with this thread. My fault!

Strange. I just started replaying AFDS on the X-Box. I like how you travel from base to base. It gives you a sense of where you are in the game although it can get annoying at times with those "range dots". I've maganged to get all but 3 planes (I'm missing the IDF, JSF-X 32, and the Super Refale) in campaign mode. Anyone else know how to get those planes in campaign mode?

As for AFD Strike, its definantly a good game although I can't help but feel like I'm watching an episode of Yugi-Oh after hearing the voicesovers(I was half expecting one of the pilots to call out a Blue Eyes White Dragon card :p ). Go figure. <_<

The Air Force Delta games weren't bad... they just weren't as balanced as the Ace Combat games. The original on Dreamcast was too easy, Storm and Strike were too frustrating.

One good thing about the AFD games is that they had a ton of planes... far more than Ace Combat. Down side was that they made you use a lot of obscure fighters before you could actually fly things you wanted to fly, like the F-14.

Flaming Gauntlet, you should try looking on gamefaqs.com for the AFDS walkthrough which will give you the location of every hidden base needed to find and purchase those three fighters.

I first got the first AFD game back in Christmas of 1999 when I got my dreamcast and I fell in love with this game. I liked the BGM to this game and it was much better than the one's you heard on AFDS IMHO. I didn' get a VMU for my Dreamcast til Christmas of 2000, so therefore I couldn't save all of the new planes I got when I first started out. The one fighter I really liked aside from My favorite the F-14 was the MFI fighter. It looked so badass and it was fast and I used to pick this fighter all the time. I was a little disappointed in AFDS despite it having more improved and realistic graphic details because of the lack of refueling and landing missions, a flight sim isn't a flight sim without these you know? I also found those fictional variants of actual planes interesting and inspiring though. I haven't played AFDS since last October because my brother actually sold our X-BOX( I'm still mad at him for doing that). In addition to that, I haven't played AFD I bought back last summer for my Dreamcast since my brother's friend stole it from me back in Sept. 2003 and due to the fact that my brother actually sold our Dreamcast as well. I'm so eager to get another dreamcast to play AFD since I haven't played it in about 2 1/2 years ago.

Edited by Phalanx

This thread is bringing up some good 'ol memories. I'm going to have to yank my 'Cast out just to play 'Delta again. I wonder if my VMU still has my data from all of those years ago. I really miss that "F-15S with MT active," or whatever it was called, and the F-22, YF-23, etc.

As for your brother, you have our permission to clean his clock for what he's done...