Customising Decals

Froy

Hi

Yes, how and what i need to know to make custom decals, printer, programs, decal paper/materials. I konw that already exist custom decals for 1/48´s but it's dificult to get them here in Mexico.

One more thing, I'm trying a version of a rotating cokpit for my 1/48 and just wanted to know if you have a scan of a detailed interior of the ratotated cokpit?(instrument panels , screens positions, setaer..)

Thanks in advance.

Well, for the decals part, I'd suggest asking Anasazi about what materials he uses. I think he said one time that his printer was an Alps model.

As for the cockpit, I'd wait to see how the 1/60 Yamato VF-0S does it, because it seems like there'd be alot of cutting up of parts in the VF-1 to free up the chair.

Hey Froy,

Anasazi's decals are printed from an ALPS and quality is superb. But if you can't get a hold of that, then your other options are:

You can get "clear or white waterslide decal" or inkjet or laser printer here:

http://www.decalpaper.com/

spray can of arcylic gloss clear coat

inkjet/laser printer

Illustrator or Photoshop

and your images...voila, you got decals baby.

Hopes that help.

to177

I find the "Create your on decals" from walmart work great, not sure if you have walmarts down yonder. But the decal sheets sold on ebay work great also, just spray the decals with clear coats (2 light coats work best for me). I used the more expensive sheets and the cheaper as well, i find no difference at all in quality or removal or placement. Their is paper that has whire backgrouns too. Just make sure you use photo quality settings on your printer. I use a very cheap printer (canon ip1500 inkjet) and the decals come out great and adhesive to model with or without a clear coat once applied, though a shot of clear coat once applied and dried works best.