Digital Cameras (slightly Ot)

Hi,

This is a group question for all the guys here (toy and model guys alike) that have a really good digital camera and can take really good pictures. I'm desperately in need of an upgrade from my Sony Mavica (you can see how bad it is in the toy thread.) And my dad is finally considering getting me a really good one for my birthday if I do the research. So I'm comming to you guys (and people on all my other fourms) for help. What model, brand, and lens (really important as I need a really powerful zoom lens for my closeups of miniatures and models) are you guys using with reall good results. I'm assuming that the best come from SLR cameras, whcih I am comforatable enough with, so guys, please let me know.

Any help is apprecaited.

I use a Sony DSC W7 7.2 Megapixels. Works fine for me. With macro configuration you can take great closeups.

I also have a Cannon T80 from 1986 which my dad bought back then. As Lynx said you need a variety of lens and trainning.

I use the Casio EX-S500, the smallest 5MP on the market. It's great because I can take it with me even when I'm not thinking of taking a picture and it's no issue because it's the size of my wallet so it's no extra burden to take. It also has many pre-settings for the right type of shot. I've heard some concerns about durability though.