Customizing Yamato Valks

GutsAndCasca

Is there anyone out there adept at customizing 1/48 yamatos who can tell me what I need, what techniques are best, what tools I should get, etc? It doesn't have to be lengthy. I know this is a big thing to ask, but if someone out there is kind enough then please, help a customization-newbie get started at this!!!!

---Brian

Just saw this, What project do you have in mind

If its changing the Paint scheme from a vf-1a max to vf-1a Hikaru

then a little tape and properly color matching spray paint or airbrush No problem.

If its turning you vf-1s into a Vf-1D Custom from the Conversion Kit

Then you'll need a small modeling drill (and a few more things) I forget the exact size but its in the instuctions post here i the forum just search Vf-1dD conversion

Good Luck.

edit try here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...1d+instructions

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...17012&hl=custom

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...&hl=customizing

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...&hl=customizing

Edited by Macross73

The project I want to do, is making a 1/48 scale recreation of the hasegawa Minmay Guards. It seems like it's going to be really tough, and I don't want to ruin an expensive Yamato toy or mess up an expensive set of decals either!!!

The project I want to do, is making a 1/48 scale recreation of the hasegawa Minmay Guards. It seems like it's going to be really tough, and I don't want to ruin an expensive Yamato toy or mess up an expensive set of decals either!!!

384620[/snapback]

somebody is offering minmay guard decals in 1/48? anasazi rocks I'm guessing.

As for customizing... don't worry to much about paintjobs as you can always strip and start over. It's structural mods that can devastate a toy. Drill out a hole a little to large and "snap"... you now have a problem worse than repainting.

As for customizing... don't worry to much about paintjobs as you can always strip and start over.

384988[/snapback]

Yup hes right there Just stripped the paint on a 1/55 that I bought prepainted. it wasnt a good job and I though it would take hours of sanding to get rid of the paint. But then I discovered MR Muscle Oven Cleaner. Easy put the ofending Valk parts in a Zip lock bag and spray oven cleaner into the bag and seal it for a few hours. Then grab your self a nail brush and run them under the tap and scrub off the paint. Good as new. Now Im just looking at what I can paint strip next.

Edited by big F

As for customizing... don't worry to much about paintjobs as you can always strip and start over.

384988[/snapback]

Yup hes right there Just stripped the paint on a 1/55 that I bought prepainted. it wasnt a good job and I though it would take hours of sanding to get rid of the paint. But then I discovered MR Muscle Oven Cleaner. Easy put the ofending Valk parts in a Zip lock bag and spray oven cleaner into the bag and seal it for a few hours. Then grab your self a nail brush and run them under the tap and scrub off the paint. Good as new. Now Im just looking at what I can paint strip next.

385058[/snapback]

Well this definitely gives me hope! For the mean time, I'll be practicing painting techniques on my 4 year old's GI Joe tanks and such. He should be thanking me. If I do a good job anyway.