The Valkyrie's "Moth" form

ewilen

Has anyone noticed that some of the cheap knockoffs of the Valkyrie (I think Macres, maybe some others) refer to the Valkyrie converting from "airplane to moth to robot" or something like that? Why "moth"? Well, I think I have the answer:

In Japanese, "moth" is 蛾 or in kana ㌠, pronounced "ga". As in ガウォーク or "ga wa o ku", "gerwalk".

I wonder if this was a deliberate naming choice on the part of the creators, to call the half-plane/half-robot form a "walk(ing) moth", later making up the acronym.

Now if I could only figure out why the label on Blendy coffee says, "Coffee tastes better when you're naked with your family," I'd say that today was a good day for learning more about Engrish...

do I really have to get monkey to send me a bottle of blendy now? Is that truely what it says?I have a spot for it between my midget corona and my wild thyme vinager. Time in a bottle :rolleyes: No wonder I have no shelf space :lol:

I still have a bunch of empty ten cigarette malbore packs from england that go way beyond the normal surgeon general's warning and have a varity of such colorful slogans as...

smoking while pregnant will harm your baby

smoking is addictive

smoking causes cancer

smoking kills

smoking will lead to getting yelled at by a fat pregnant woman in a welsh unisex trainstation bathroom you stumbled into because the friggin sign was in welsh

Ok, so I made up the last one, but it's one they really should have had on the box :blink: