Star Wars: Empire At War

Ali Sama

I am learning to mod it. Already i have learned a ton. We can make variable fighters and ships and other units. I need models. really. I was thinking of doing a unspacy faction. Also adding earth, eden and a few other planets. I can do icons, logos etc pretty easily, also the coding. I can't do 3d or voices.

we can also do a whoel story moe eventually. which can go through the timeliness

this is my over all plan for factions. as you advance your tech improves and yoru old tech will improve So we can get a vf-0 with thermonuclear engines and fixed up etc. also other customs as hero figures. For ground we can have hero units eject then be bale to go into another mecha(liek chewbaka)

factions

unspacy

zero eara tech

space war 1 era tech

dyrl era tech with macross 2

flashback 2012

plus era+7 era

post 7

zentradi

space war 1 era tech

dyrl era tech

macross 2

once the above are done. We will do southern cross and mospeada.

So if anyoen want to help.

i dont realy like EAW, deamon tools detection makes it a hassle to use most of the time.... you should look at my space empires 4 mod idea in the games forum... that one is a little less involved, its just a matter of getting image files, also theres no way to easily transform, that and in the game theres realy only 3 fighter types, distinguishable by size not preset weapons, i litteraly just started, right now i need a lot of sorce images to try and pull the ships out of

i dont realy like EAW, deamon tools detection makes it a hassle to use most of the time.... you should look at my space empires 4 mod idea in the games forum... that one is a little less involved, its just a matter of getting image files, also theres no way to easily transform, that and in the game theres realy only 3 fighter types, distinguishable by size not preset weapons, i litteraly just started, right now i need a lot of sorce images to try and pull the ships out of

380036[/snapback]

i have alcohol and it works fine. im me if you want to know how.

you can make any fighter type you want. it;s pretty easy. transformation is not hard at all. you just need the animation as there exists support for changing structures. both on fighters and on tanks.

Edited by Ali Sama

i don't have the game.

what experience do you have?

and if you can manage it I can do voices and i'll do a low poly version of my VF-1S

380495[/snapback]

modding? none(before this). coding. I am a cs major. the code is very easy. i can easily do transformation as it supports it. the reason i know it support's it is due to the fact that a few of the ground troops change their baic shape to be able to ground themselves. Aslo the xwing lockign of s foils. All you need to do is make it an ability button which the ai can use if needed. I have fiddled witht e code. I know how to add the faction. I also added units. etc. I would need to define the ai, but that shoudl nto be hard. It woudl need to think both as a fighter, and an infantry man for a vf.

Edited by Ali Sama

alright... What files are compatable...

Do I have to animate the transformation? or can you do that?

how will I have to setup the model so that you can easily move the joints and other things?

what is the full title of this game and where can I get a hold of it?

is there a limit to the polys I can have? What is a reasonable poly count for realtime rendering.

I"ve always wanted to make a game of my own :p I wanna see the interface and the engine perhaps before I start so I can get a good feel for it. Maybe later we can even sell the rights to the mod... I dunno. Aside from macross battlecry, there hasn't been a GOOD macross game out there in a long while.

Yah got better luck looking around a modding forum its will be near impossible. Best luck is to ask all the cg people in these forums to create the stuff stuff, but scripting and everythng else you need help on that elsewhere.

Anyways I support this project :)

Edit: Oh and I know a little bit of coding...

Edited by Dean

wohoo. he is going ot help.

this will rock.

old mod

we can convert that and improve upon it. wohoo.

380651[/snapback]

This mod was tight but was SOOO much heavier on the resources than just the game and it made the memory leak that much more apparent.

If I had experience with this I'd help, as it stands, have fun and give us progress reports!

- C

(ps: the EAW engine is almost the same damn thing as the Generals engine so I'd cut him some slack. If it moves and has sprites, it's possible.)

alright... What files are compatable...

Do I have to animate the transformation? or can you do that?

how will I have to setup the model so that you can easily move the joints and other things?

what is the full title of this game and where can I get a hold of it?

is there a limit to the polys I can have? What is a reasonable poly count for realtime rendering.

I"ve always wanted to make a game of my own :p I wanna see the interface and the engine perhaps before I start so I can get a good feel for it. Maybe later we can even sell the rights to the mod... I dunno. Aside from macross battlecry, there hasn't been a GOOD macross game out there in a long while.

380812[/snapback]

this will be for fun. but if hg wants to do somthing. then it;s up to them. the fiels are specific. we would need to convert to them

how would you propose to convert them? I can give the objects to you in lightwave object files (.lwo) or .3ds files. :S Perhaps you can convert them to the necessary format from there?

381182[/snapback]

since the xenoguy is on board. we got vf1 etc. do you have aim or man? or any other im