Macross Series English Dub

I recently ordered the new Macross english dub. I absolutely adore the Robotech series, and I'm wondering; what's the difference going to be aside from the fact that Minmay's singing won't be so atrocious now? Supposedly the story follows the original more closely but in what way did the original Robotech series stray from what the Japanese had intended? I've got a lot of questions about this. Anyone who knows, please feel free to clue me in!

---Bri

I recently ordered the new Macross english dub. I absolutely adore the Robotech series, and I'm wondering; what's the difference going to be aside from the fact that Minmay's singing won't be so atrocious now? Supposedly the story follows the original more closely but in what way did the original Robotech series stray from what the Japanese had intended? I've got a lot of questions about this. Anyone who knows, please feel free to clue me in!

378123[/snapback]

Oh dear indeed....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=228

The English dub is just the dubbing over of the original voices. It's not exactly a word for word translation since the dub does have to match the mouth movements.

I've been lurking for quite a while now, so here goes my first post... <_<

I've been reading that some of the ADV Vol. 2 DVD's have been sold early at certain stores...and that its rumored there are only 5 episodes on it? It wouldn't make much sense, since there are 36 episodes in all. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Welcome to Mworld

Your right about the # of episodes there it has episodes 7 thru 11. I just checked it at rt.com

I'm not sure how they've chosen to divide up the series on these maybe someone else gett shed some light on this.

I'm thinking that they're going to have the 6 episodes on release 1, and then after that they will have 6 more releases each with 5 episodes.

6 x 5 = 30 plus the 1st release with 6 = 36.

I wouldn't put it past ADV. Why sell 6 when you can sell 7 at the same per unit price?

I'm thinking that they're going to have the 6 episodes on release 1, and then after that they will have 6 more releases each with 5 episodes.

I wouldn't put it past ADV. Why sell 6 when you can sell 7 at the same per unit price?

380096[/snapback]

How much money must be sucked out of me in order to be a Macross fan, dangit?!

380096[/snapback]

How much money must be sucked out of me in order to be a Macross fan, dangit?!

380257[/snapback]

Just search around for the Animego subs. You can probably find the whole set cheap, and they are probably the most faithful translations of the series to date.

Also Robotech is a four letter word on this forum to many. Just a friendly hint.

True to some the mere hint of rttech is taboo

but for those that cant or dont want the animeigo version

or dont want to read the subs thens thats their choice.

I was able to get two of the animeigo sets for a bargain. :)

Animeigo's got an even worse episode-to-disc ratio. Isn't it 4 per disc?

I'm thinking the ADV set will be cheaper, plus it'll match my Mospeada & Southern Cross sets better.

EDIT: What do you guys consider a bargain for the whole set of Animeigo discs?

Edited by danth

Animeigo's got an even worse episode-to-disc ratio. Isn't it 4 per disc?

I'm thinking the ADV set will be cheaper, plus it'll match my Mospeada & Southern Cross sets better.

EDIT: What do you guys consider a bargain for the whole set of Animeigo discs?

380389[/snapback]

Uhh, no. The Animego discs are discontinued, they are pretty easily found on sale. I paid full price for the 1st and 3rd box set... I wont say how bad it was. I then paid 18 dollars CND total for the set 2... search around and you could concievably find it all for under 60 dollars.

Personally I have a deep aversion to dubs in any case, in any form.