Takatoku 1/55 Focker And Gbp Variants

Solscud007

XStoys clued me in on a few variants and upon looking over my latest additiion I noticed other differences.

first of all is the Heatshield. So far I have seen three types.

Opaque (Solid black)

Light clear smoke

Dark clear smoke

threediffs0vx.jpg

here is the dark smoke grey

dsc058595zq.jpg

Another variation are some smaller plastic pieces. they are black or body color (focker grey)

the pieces to look out for are the landing gear triggers, the little bump that holds the legs in place (between hip swing bar and fuselage)

the slider that holds the chest plate

here is a pic of the nose landing gear in body color

dsc058600sc.jpg

and the chest slider

dsc058649zs.jpg

Also the little triangle over the shoulder is either yellow or orange

triangle9vx.jpg

GBP wise I saw these two different triangle decals. Red and black

shoulder6tu.jpg

it's the same story with a number of the 1/55's/ The vf-1s strike for instance. I think most of this was covered in the "1/55 revisited" thread. The biggest problem is finding original mib varients with original owners to compare with/against. If you didn't buy it factory sealed it may have been repaired and/or have mismatched parts like my mystery taka 1s.

You mention the "plastic bumps which hold the legs in place": can you tell me if they can be depressed (i.e., if they are held in place with springs) on the Takatoku? I noticed that this is the case on the 1990 reissue, but they are fixed in place on the new reissues.

You mention the "plastic bumps which hold the legs in place": can you tell me if they can be depressed (i.e., if they are held in place with springs) on the Takatoku?  I noticed that this is the case on the 1990 reissue, but they are fixed in place on the new reissues.

377323[/snapback]

they r spring loaded. At least on the taka 1j I just checked. I didn't want to remember where my taka gbp got to so I grabbed the first taka I saw.

oh yeah... the pics of the mystery taka were on page two of the revisited thread...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...pic=16592&st=20

Edited by kanata67

some more variations after comparing to a friend of mine.

Coloring is not consistent. notice top is lighter than the bottom box?

And no it is not due to fading as the coloration is uniform all around and while you cant really see it the bottom one looks oversaturated in person.

dsc059194qw.jpg

Here is a close up

dsc059202eg.jpg

and here is the GBP gift set tray that some of them come with

dsc059211wp.jpg

I never understood why they downgraded with the GBP-1 box. Why couldn't it be a complete full box like the other takatoku's?  :huh:

379843[/snapback]

I think this is a tray inside the normal box.

379986[/snapback]

Im not sure what you are clarifing. but maybe I didnt explain it well.

The GBP gift set has a variant where there is a carboard tray inside the box. the picture i took is of that tray.

BP is talking about the standalone GBP armour and how it is just styrafoam with a slip over cover as opposed to all the rest of the takatoku toys which are full on boxes. The GBP is like a garment box from macy's