Seeking Cool Cheap Available Robotic Toys.

marx

Yeah I'm taking a risk with such a topic. Hopefully the admins will forgive the broadness. But there are a lot of different toy lines that I would like exposure to. I got exposed to vf-19a yamato by meer chance of landing at macrossworld by searching for TF jetfire stuff. I was very happy to discover a review of the vf-19a and learn that it was still available and cheap at the time. I'm just interested in exposure. Seeing new things. I could do a search on google but people are much better refference than a search engine. Hopefully this won't get out of hand, if it does I understand the admin's need to close it.

Anyways, Keywords Cool Cheap Available.

Cool meaning for me. Paint doesn't flake off and toy doesn't fall apart when outside of the package. And please no super deformation stuff. Maybe real world practicaility. But I'm flexible.

Available online or localy.

Cheap.. Under $25... most of us have a budget otherwise I would've bought a 10 koenig monsters and bunch of 1/48 valks.

Exceptions can be made or the above.

The overall point of this thread is exposure.

Edit: I changed the requirements to be more open minded... Maybe it is possible to have cool loooking mechs that are crazy rainbows... But I think real world practicality is good. :)

Edited by marx

i think he is also intersted in non macross stuff, i just picked up on ebay some nice super robot figures from a company called Yujin they are of 2 of the main mechs from the King of Brave series, one is of Great Exkaiser and the other is of Great Fighbird, they are virtually the same as the Gundam import MSIA figures, but they seem to have better paintjobs, i got lucky and found them for around $3.95 each, it was a steal they are cool figures they have decent poseability and they look great on my shelf. they also have some nice Gaogaigar ones

edit; i just realized you did not want rainbow colors :p i am pretty sure these fall in to that catogory of 1980 thru 1990 colorful anime super robot. they are still cool though. :)

Edited by zeo-mare

1/200 Gundam HCM-Pros ($15-$36)

1/100 Gundam Arch Enemy ($15-$25, no tallgesse for you)

Banpresto Valks ($8-$18)

Robotech MasterPiece Ben Dixon ($24)

Transformer alternator ($20)

Transformer Binaltech (some at $25)

Kaiyodo Evangelion action figures ( they are not that weak) ($15-$25)

Armored Core 2 Action Figures ( series 1 are too expensive) ($15- $30)

Kaiyodo Virtual On Action Figures (the newer one are more durable, the older ones you'll have to be more careful) ($15-$25)

Kaiyodo GunBuster figure ($20-$25)

Also don't expect to have Yamato VF-19a level in any of these becase the price difference too much.. The only one that is closes to your VF-19a is the Transformer Binaltech.

Edited by F360°

i think he is also intersted in non macross stuff, i just picked up on ebay some nice super robot figures from a company called Yujin they are of 2 of the main mechs from the King of Brave series, one is of Great Exkaiser and the other is of Great Fighbird, they are virtually the same as the Gundam import MSIA figures, but they seem to have better paintjobs, i got lucky and found them for around $3.95 each, it was a steal they are cool figures they have decent poseability and they look great on my shelf.  they also have some nice Gaogaigar ones

edit; i just realized you did not want rainbow colors :p  i am pretty sure these fall in to that catogory of 1980 thru 1990 colorful  anime super robot. they are still cool though. :)

374229[/snapback]

My bad, I shouldn't be so close minded about color.. I really close the door to cool stuff when I say no crazy color. Maybe there is cool stuff with crazy color.. I've never seen the King of Brave series or any of the others you listed. It's interesting. Not quite my taste but maybe someone else here will appreciate them. And my taste does change over time. :)

My suggestion is to surf around on ebay in the action figure section. Doing a series of specific seaches through keywords, then looking at completed auctions every so often, I think you'll get exposed to stuff thats on the secondary market but likely to bundled in loose lots. Your question is kind of vague in some ways, so I think just browsing through  ebay where you can see pics and get a feel for market value of those items, might pique your interest in a line or lines you've never seen before.

That being said, there are lots of action figure news sites that are worth checking out once a week to see whats the latest and greatest. Raving Toy Maniac, Michael Crawfords Toy Review Of The Week, Action Figure.com. About.com has an action figure dedicated section with links to many of the major sites and etailers, thats another good place to look to increase exposure.

Here, I'll start you off with Crawfords site, its varied and you also get his feedback on quality control on the stuff -

http://www.mwctoys.com/pastreviews.htm

Good luck.

374282[/snapback]

Thanks for the link.. Thats pretty helpful. I am also interested in non mecha stuff sometimes as well. So that is a nice site.

I got an Idea:

Do any of you guys have that "1001 mecha-show openings" vid anywhere?

if TS sees this he can state timestamps as to

which opening is what and get an answer if there are toys available for it

:lol:

374304[/snapback]

Thats a good idea. I think I remember the 1001 mecha show openings.. I wish I knew where to get it cause I don't have it on my computer anymore. I think I downloaded it back in 2003-4? Anyways it would be helpful.

Banpresto make some cheapo valks from macross but you need to apply some blu tac or glue to stiffen up the joints.

I think if you leave these alone they look pretty cool on top of your monitor in various modes. (fighter, Gerwalk and battroid) In fighter mode I have a little wire curled up in a spiral that supports it to make it look like it is flying and I put little blu tac on its feet for battroid mode so it won't fall off. I think these are good if you like small tiny cheap toys with good posability. Plus you get several detachable heads with the valkyrie to make your own customs. The quality ain't so great compared with more expensive stuff but they have a nice sculpt imo. I wished they made these more durable. (better material etc)

I would also recommend the mac 7 bootleg vf19 that you see once in a while on ebay. You could always paint them up in more realistic color. They look pretty cool in battroid mode and are not likely to break upon transformation. With the yammie yf19, apart from the nose, I always thought this was annoying for not having the chest lock into place.

And finally buy alternators if you can find them at bargain price. They look realistic in car mode and robot mode is surprisingly good. Looks like these are aimed at adult market who care about vehicle realism so check it out.

good site on alternator/binaltech news:

http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html