mixing paints

Druna Skass

Just a little common sense would help:

*Always start with the lightest color on the mix as a base first; then add the darker color little at a time.

*Keep it thinned properly acrylics and enamels will dry a bit as you go along the mixing...but don't over do it.

*Think about the amount you are going to end up needing. If you start with a lot of base paint by the time you mix all of the colors to get the one you want, you might end up with twice as much ( some time more than need it). If you end up with extra paint make sure that you have a jar to save the rest just in case.

* Make sure you have enough paint mixed for the task that is going to be used (this kind of contradict the prior statement but is better to be safe than sorry. After several mixed colors and brain storming ending up short of paint is always a drag).

*The color you mix is not necesarily the one that will show once it dryes in the model; some times making it a bit darker or lighter has a better result. Specially if you are shading on panel lines.

I am sure some stuff is skipping me right now. I just woke up and I have to go to work. anyone wants to fill in???