Zentraldi can breathe in space...

Vinny

Two questions on macross TV this time. I noticed when Britai got thrown out into space, he was out there for a while before he climbed in. Is he the only Zentraldi that can survive in space, or can the others?

Also, do tehy use money in Macross City? As in to buy food and such?

Two questions on macross TV this time. I noticed when Britai got thrown out into space, he was out there for a while before he climbed in. Is he the only Zentraldi that can survive in space, or can the others?

Well, a human can survive in space for a short period of time without a space suit. You'll feel like crap, but you'll live. Keep in mind that the Zentradi and Meltrandi are genetically engineered. They may have atributes that allow them to survive brief exposure to space.

As to money in the Macross... I don't know...

I think the "zentradi in space" question has been adequately answered. As for Macross City using money? Well, the best answer I can give you for that question is to point you at European cities during World War II, that's probably the closest real-life equivalent. I can imagine lots of bartering, with military ration coupons being the major currency for a long time before things settled down. Onboard the ship, especially, ration coupons were probably the major currency. This may have changed over the course of the ship's voyage back to Earth, as I imagine some of the people may have brought money with them, and it was an entire population of 50,000 people.

Britai is a commander type Zentradi. not only is he taller and tougher, he is probably capable of keeping himself alive in space for a short while. He is like a Zentradi on steroids.

As for money in Macross city.... some kind they probably used. I don't know in restaurants though, as the food was supplied by the army anyways. :huh:

I've always thought those coins comming out of the arcade machines were the Macross equivalent of quarters(not just crappy tokens), which is how Milia managed to support herself while she was hunting for Max.

But now that I think about it, it does seem a lot of meals were given out for free.

Edited by McKlown

Hikaru paid the robot camera with a coin when Hikaru and Minmei wanted to take a picture at the park. I think this was the episode where Hikaru just graduated the military and it was the night before his first combat mission.

Also, if you notice the begining of DYRL, they showed advertisements, why would they advertise products if they didn't use money?

Edited by rsvictor1976

miriya did say specifically that she supported herself by playing the video games, so somehow she got money or something outta those machines, and the owner dude was all worried about how he was losing money cuz people would clean out his machines, so they used some kind of money