Anybody Watching Yakitate Japan?

jwinges

Anybody else watching Yakitate Japan?  Just finished the first 26 eps and I'm surprising entertained by this show.  There aren't a lot of anime's that I and my wife can watch 15 straight spisodes subtitled, but this one holds up.  :blink:

367416[/snapback]

The show is awesome; it's still pretty good in the second season, but gets more and more impossible. Not many people can enjoy an anime about baking bread though, that's for sure...

• 1 month later...

I just saw the first eight episodes tonight and I'm already loving this series. Azuma and his mispronounciations seeing the reactions of Kyosuke as he bites into one of Azuma's "Japans" is priceless.

Love the Afro's and funny characters.

I watched the first episode upon the insistance of my sister. It's funny, but damn do the puns hurt! Plus Azuma is the type of character I feel the need to hurt real badly by bludgeoning (there are worse characters like the boy in Gankutsuo, or Iwata in Excel Saga).

I can't bring myslef to watch more.

When I saw this thread a few weeks ago and learned what the series was a about I just couldn't resist giving it a try. My hunger for bread has increased greatly since doing so. I just love this series :lol: