What happened to Blackaces??

Fusion

Ok then, what happend to the Bandai Destroid Re-isssues shown HERE:

http://www.blackaces.com.sg/wf2003s/wf2003s_pg12.htm

Come to think of it, there were earlier 1/72 Destroids. What happend to those also?

They got re-released. I got the last of the destroids from Marcias Locker like 2 weeks ago. As for the other kits, Bandai doesn't like to release a lot of the kits they have (outside of Nichimo's and Takatoku's Macross kits, Bandai has everything original in terms of models). They have never released any kits bigger than 1/72 scale and only those have been Valkyries. No monsters, and only that crappy 1/8000 Storm Attacker Mode model. Some of the 1/72 destroids are easy to come by though.

Excellent work, BlackAces!

The following image from your website caught my eye:

jet3.jpg

The plane in the left corner is actually a model of a real life, flying airplane (the "Proteus") made by Scaled Composites in Mojave, California. Scaled is headed up by none other than Burt Rutan, known for his "Voyager" trans-global aircraft, and who is a friend of a friend.

Scaled is currently working on a similar plane ("White Knight"), which serves as a launch vehicle for their experimental low-orbit spacecraft being developed for the X-Prize competition.

The X-Prize contest seems like something straight out of a science fiction story, but it's real. I imagine that many of the folks here will appreciate the purposes/goals of this project. Give it a read!

If you like that, also check out my friend Peter's self-engineered and self built all-composite plane, Melmoth2 here. Melmoth2 recently graced the cover of Flying Magazine - some of you may have seen it.

Cheers!

http://www.blackaces.com.sg/wf2003s/wf2003s_pg29.htm

Is that an action figure or model kit of Getter Ark?

Excellent work, BlackAces!

The following image from your website caught my eye:

jet3.jpg

The plane in the left corner is actually a model of a real life, flying airplane (the "Proteus") made by Scaled Composites in Mojave, California. Scaled is headed up by none other than Burt Rutan, known for his "Voyager" trans-global aircraft, and who is a friend of a friend.

Scaled is currently working on a similar plane (), which serves as a launch vehicle for their experimental low-orbit spacecraft being developed for the <a href="http://www.xprize.org/">X-Prize competition.

The X-Prize contest seems like something straight out of a science fiction story, but it's real. I imagine that many of the folks here will appreciate the purposes/goals of this project. Give it a read!

If you like that, also check out my friend Peter's self-engineered and self built all-composite plane, <a href="http://www.melmoth2.com/">Melmoth2 here</a>. Melmoth2 recently graced the cover of Flying Magazine - some of you may have seen it.

Cheers!

Thank You very much for the kind comments

:)

And thanks for the recommendations!

interesting!

Just for completeness sake, the small grey jet is an actual prototype technology demonstration plane thats been raising a few eyebrows ( I think its a Boeing product ), while the white cropped delta with the famous blue, white, and red roundels is the TSR 2, arguably the greatest aircraft ever to be destroyed by political squabbling... :rolleyes:

It is in fact a Boeing, and it's name and design (sadly, the name escapes me right now) were inspired by the Klingon Bird of Prey from Star Trek. www.startrek.com had the craft and an article up a few months back. Also interesting to note is that the plane's appearance in recent media is due to it's declassification.

EDIT: Also... any word on that VB-6 Konig Monster from Yamato? :D

Edited by Castle

while the white cropped delta with the famous blue, white, and red roundels is the TSR 2, arguably the greatest aircraft ever to be destroyed by political squabbling...  :rolleyes:

That I did not know

but what I do know is that it is the same craft used in a new/recent japanese animation.

I dont know the name to this animation

but it was the other one alongside Macross Zero & Yukikaze at the panel at Hobby Expo

If I was to take a completely wild guess, its possible that animation is Firestorm, an anime series which originally had a degree of British involvement, which included Gerry "Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and please don't ask me about Space 1999" Anderson. I stress that is a complete guess, but seeing as the TSR-2 is quite an obscure aircraft relatively speaking... the TSR-2 was actually probably as close as anyone got to making a real Thunderbird-styled aircraft...!

( of course, we all know that Macross made the XB-70 Valkyrie quite famous - as did Zeta Gundam - and its always possible this unnamed new anime has some aviation nuts on the staff...! )

Edited by F-ZeroOne