Just Transformed My Vf-1s For The First Time

geecie30

I just took the plunge,and not wanting to hurt it,here goes. :(

I dig the Yamato 1/48 very much ,I appreciate them even more looking at MWorlders mods and pose stances.I just seem to be getting stuck with the 1/48 transformation. I dont even know if everything thing is in its proper place,I have looked at pics, transformation guides from here and the original book and not ever having seen someone change this valk I have no comparison or teacher.also the guide came in a foriegn language.

Here are four little things that puzzle me still.

ZZAA.jpg

#1 the side covers don't seem to lock in place to well ,the need to be coaxed or aimed into place ,there seems to be no audible lock "click",noise .????

#2 the grey neck swivel catches on other parts as it is swiveled.????

#3 Pushing at points 1and two as below in (figure3) doesn't cause this HATCH to lock whatsoever,thus its a bit flimsy and rocks back and forth a bit instead of staying flush and locked.????

#4 what is the function of the circled piece in (figure4), and is it out or in during battroid mode completion.????

Thanx

rr.jpg

P2080002.jpg

P2080001.jpg

Edited by geecie30

#1 the side covers don't seem to lock in place to well ,the need to be coaxed or aimed into place ,there seems to be no audible lock "click",noise .????

#2 the grey neck swivel catches on other parts as it is swiveled.????

#3 Pushing at points 1and two as below in (figure3) doesn't cause this HATCH to lock whatsoever,thus its a bit flimsy and rocks back and forth a bit instead of staying flush and locked.????

#4 what is the function of the circled piece in (figure4), and is it out or in during battroid mode completion.????

#1 That piece doesn't lock really well. It gets loose on my Roy but on my max, its fine.

#2 Mine's black. But if that's the same part we're talking about, you seem to have that transformed properly , from your picture. So there's no problem no?

#3 You gotta press that part beyond the level of the back. Look at the picture carefully and at your valk. There are 2 small tabs at points 1 and 2 of the back. That flap should go beyond those tabs and lock in place.

#4 I frankly have no idea myself. I think its supposed to pop the flap out in fighter/gerwalk mode but it doesn't seem to work on any of mine.

Thanks, I just snapped the Hatch piece on (fig 3) and I see your point, now it works. :D I found those little lock nubs.

As to the rest ,thanx again I needed that. :D

Just the neck pivoter seems to bind against the inner shoulder but I can abide by that one quirky thing.This is either situational,me or a trifle, exclusive to this one and only valk.

I wish the head wasn't low slung and burried under the inner shoulder so deep,well I dont know,It seems like I get better views above eye level to the visor of it.

Edited by geecie30

Part 4 boosts cell phone signal and gets XM or Sirius radio signals. You can see it on the top of many modern day cars, resembles a little dorsel fin. Yamato retconned it in when they realized the irony of space fighters not being able to get satellite radio.

Edited by jenius

What's the point? Howard Stern is dead in that time period...

Anyway, first time transformations can be quite an event. Now that it's over, I'd consider buying flowers and at least calling sometime tomorrow afternoon...

Edited by myk