So There's This Vf-11b 1/72 Toy On Ebay

Spatula

Well now I just pulled it out of the garbage. I put it back in the box and hopefully one day I can get someone to help glue the legs back together - both broke now, fuk.

I didn't intend to get the early version, it's just that seeing it for $65 seemed like a good price back then...what 2 weeks ago?

So yeah, blame me.

Most of the time whatever I get stuff from the internet most of it, well 99% seemed to be perfectly fine. Like holy crap, the Aoshima drop ship was like made from the hands of God.

So how did you get the legs back on for this thing. Super glue didn't work... which I bought today, along with a stand for my Elintseeker.

Again, I want to stress that I really don't care about transforming this, so fighter mode is fine. I just want the legs back on, that's all I care about now.

I found this on the forum, if you want to take a shot repairing the hip...

QUOTE (to177 @ Apr 20 2004, 04:12 PM)

I don't know if this have been discussed here already, but I'm gonna give it a shot. My vf-11b hip and leg part are broken off. Is there any solutions which I can do to fix it? It would be nice if we can still order parts from Yamato, but that doesn't seem like the case. Anyways, I've provided a pic of what I'm referring to.

to177

There's lots of posts on the subject, and a search will find you the good details, but the long and the short of it is:

1) Open up the leg, so you can remove the hip peg.

2) Using a brass pin, and perhaps a pinvise (a small hand operated drill), drill a hole into the piece that's broken off. Glue the pin in place using either epoxy or superglue (your choice)

3) Make a corresponding hole in the proper place on the VF-11 (where the peg broke), and after test fitting and cutting of the brass pin, glue the broken hip piece back on. If you're using epoxy, it might not be a bad idea to let it ooze out a bit, you can sand the excess off later.

4) After the glue is good and dry (24 hours to be safe), put the whole thing back together again.

So how did you get the legs back on for this thing.  Super glue didn't work... which I bought today, along with a stand for my Elintseeker.

Again, I want to stress that I really don't care about transforming this, so fighter mode is fine.  I just want the legs back on, that's all I care about now.

366878[/snapback]

I recently got a VF-11B off ebay with both hip joints broken. The previous owner stated that one hip joint was broken, so I guess the other hip joint broke during shipping! Anyways, it's a pretty easy fix. The hard part is finding the right size replacement screw. I lucked out and found the correct size screws in one of my gundam model kits. Maybe other board members can recommend where to get screws. Take the pieces apart, replace the "short original silver screw" with a "longer black replacement screw" (see picture), put it back together, and you're done. You will still see the cracks where it was broken, but once you transform it into fighter mode, the cracks will be hidden under the plane. Hope this helps and good luck.

dsc026480el.jpg

What's that white piece there?  Where did you get it?

Why do you need a replacement screw? 

Let me post pics of what I have going on here.

366905[/snapback]

The white piece holds the hip joints and comes with the toy.

The replacement screw is longer because the original screw is too short. The longer the screw, the more metal reinforcment you have.

Rob, you're going to start a list up on these forums also when you get the final price/release date right? I'm gonna need both those, a GBP, and a VF-0 comin' up here and might as well get 'em all at the same time from the same place if ya follow me...

Spatula, try this thread, it may feel like dejavu