Max Dyrl 1/48 Vf-1a

DatterBoy

Got a spare one of these and have seen what these can go for these days. Selling it now would be a hefty profit at what the market demands for it these days. I see it going for 210-220 and although I love it, I don't really need 2 and wouldn't mind the xtra spending cash.

So what do you think? Sell it and if I really want another, hope for a reissue, or just hold onto it, MISB (even though Yam boxes are never really sealed)...

Not to mention a reissue would kill the value of the toy.

*cough* DYRL Hik 1S *cough*

i haven't been collecting these for very long.

from what i can tell Yamato certainly seems to be

re-releasing the 1/48 on a regular basis (which is hurting my wallet)

but from a financial stand point now would be a good time to sell one

however when Yamato decides to unload a few more you'll

still be able to say that you've got the 1st version and that

usually retains a higher value b/c it was the 1st release.

Demand for a 1st may give a marginally higher value than the

2nd edition.

But if your dead set on getting the cash than yes go ahead and sell

alot of members collect more than one including myself. :)

edit :sp

Edited by Macross73

wasabi-elephant's post got me to thinkin' (scary, huh?)...

Here's what Yamato should do to further drain our wallets:

Use blue paint, instead of yellow or red, in the Roy or Hikaru 1S production process. Easy DYRL Max 1S.

Use green paint, instead of red or blue, in the Hikaru or Max 1A production process and change the number to 012. Easy DYRL Kakazaki 1A.

There. Two quick and simple examples of just how easily Yamato could expand their model line and make some fast cash. Very little retooling required. No fuss, no muss, no problem. Will it happen? Probably not.

That being said...

Datterboy, it would not surprise me to see a Max 1A reissue. Or any of the existing versions for that matter. I just don't expect them to do something new.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

I said: "They will definitely re-release fast pack/strike parts" and everyone was like "I don't know..."

I said: "They will definitely re-release the VF-1S Hikaru" and everyone was like "Nah, it didn't sell well."

I said: "They will definitely re-release the VF-1J Hik" and everyone was like "Nah, they'll do a package with the GBP"

Now I say: "I don't know about the Max 1A"

:)

It'll probably get re-released but not for a while. They just inundated the market again so they'll probably let it simmer. You can probably hold your Max 1A for a couple more months to a year... prices will only go up (unless they do re-release it).

I said: "They will definitely re-release fast pack/strike parts" and everyone was like "I don't know..."

I said: "They will definitely re-release the VF-1S Hikaru" and everyone was like "Nah, it didn't sell well."

I said: "They will definitely re-release the VF-1J Hik" and everyone was like "Nah, they'll do a package with the GBP"

Now I say: "I don't know about the Max 1A"

:)

It'll probably get re-released but not for a while.  They just inundated the market again so they'll probably let it simmer.  You can probably hold your Max 1A for a couple more months to a year... prices will only go up (unless they do re-release it).

359699[/snapback]

Just be ready to say "I told you so."

It seems very likely that Yamato will re-release the VF-1A DYRL Max. It's just a matter of time. The only one I think that will not see a re-release, but maybe a variation is the LV, could be a Ltd Prod 1S or 1J. But that could be only me just dreaming and hoping it will come true to life. :rolleyes:

I love the LV, I think it's a great paint scheme and I love the fact it's limited. I would also love to see some variations of it as I don't think it'd really affect the value of the 1A. That being said, I'd much rather them do any MacTV variations first. A TV Max, Hayao, or gray 1S would be preferable. Still, it seems that a DYRL 1A Max re-release is more likely than anything new.... but still, I think it won't be until this time next year at the earliest.

I love the LV, I think it's a great paint scheme and I love the fact it's limited.  I would also love to see some variations of it as I don't think it'd really affect the value of the 1A.  That being said, I'd much rather them do any MacTV variations first.  A TV Max, Hayao, or gray 1S would be preferable.  Still, it seems that a DYRL 1A Max re-release is more likely than anything new.... but still, I think it won't be until this time next year at the earliest.

359752[/snapback]

I don't thinnk it will be that long before they re-release the Max DYRL VF-1A. There could also be a slight possibility that once the VF-0S appears on the scene the rest of the VF-1 TV Series valks just might not make it to production. Hopefully, Yamato will see big sales with the MacrossZero valkyries and continue the line all the way up to a 1/60 VB-6 Monster. Yummy. :)

• 4 weeks later...