Bandai Visual Usa's New Label

areaseven

Just some food for thought, if Macross Plus and II switch hands at this points (let's say the rights go to Honneamise), would HG now say that Honneamise is violating HG's Macross rights? Or would this be like when ADV picked up the rights for the Macross II and Plus soundtracks from JVC and didn't have to credit HG? I'm just thinking that what had protected Manga and US Renditions (them picking up the rights and releasing II and Plus well before HG starting addressing their Macross rights issues at the end of the 90's) may not extend to Honneamise/Bandai Visual.

Time to make a few calls!

Also, I forgot it's exact name, but there was this awesome OVA that Kawamori contributed design work to that Mangle currently has. It was originally released by US Renditions, all three episodes, and with a sub version. When Mangle picked it up and released it on DVD, the DVD has only the last two episode, AND IT'S DUB ONLY! :angry: If Honneamise picks it up and does a proper complete DVD, I'll definitely get it. :)

Also, I forgot it's exact name, but there was this awesome OVA that Kawamori contributed design work to that Mangle currently has.  It was originally released by US Renditions, all three episodes, and with a sub version.  When Mangle picked it up and released it on DVD, the DVD has only the last two episode, AND IT'S DUB ONLY! :angry:  If Honneamise picks it up and does a proper complete DVD, I'll definitely get it. :)

365266[/snapback]

Orguss II?

Also, I forgot it's exact name, but there was this awesome OVA that Kawamori contributed design work to that Mangle currently has.  It was originally released by US Renditions, all three episodes, and with a sub version.  When Mangle picked it up and released it on DVD, the DVD has only the last two episode, AND IT'S DUB ONLY! :angry:  If Honneamise picks it up and does a proper complete DVD, I'll definitely get it. :)

365266[/snapback]

You're talking about the attrociously edited series Dangaioh, which for some reason Manga felt they had to mangle.

You're talking about the attrociously edited series Dangaioh, which for some reason Manga felt they had to mangle.

365313[/snapback]

Like I said, Manga Entertainment had nothing to do with that. Manga UK got it first. They're the ones that cut the heck out of it. Trust me, Manga Ent is just as pissed as we are. Manga UK never sent them the sound effects and music track. So they simply can't do an uncut release.

Keith was being quite forward about many of the things most companies would never admit too.

I actually liked the music in the Manga release of Orguss 02 better than the original music (which to my utter horror, I discovered was not the same after I spent almost 8 years hunting for the soundtrack and finally bought it). *sigh*

365313[/snapback]

Like I said, Manga Entertainment had nothing to do with that. Manga UK got it first. They're the ones that cut the heck out of it. Trust me, Manga Ent is just as pissed as we are. Manga UK never sent them the sound effects and music track. So they simply can't do an uncut release.

Keith was being quite forward about many of the things most companies would never admit too.

365402[/snapback]

Ah, but I said this remark before you posted the one about Manga UK, and I did not know about the Manga UK involvement, otherwise I would have stated it.

365313[/snapback]

365402[/snapback]

They didn't have any problem repackaging the US Renditions Gunbuster release, I don't see why Dangaiou should've been different.