So..about them Bandai

Spatula

Well this really isn't on specifically Macross model kits, so I hope this doesn't get closed, but...

How is Bandai like for doing a production rerun for a particular kit? I'm specifially looking for the MG 1/35 Patlabor kits ESPECIALLY the EX Command Car and the EXLT Tank. I bidded on the Tank on Ebay but lost when I was asleep. :(

Checking with Hobby Link Japan, they mark these kits as DISCONTINUED, and that makes me sad, but they say some companies will rerun their production every few years...

So what is your experience with Bandai's rerun for their production. How long will I have to wait? >_>

Erm, some of these kits were produced about 2002, and I'm guessing they do a run every 5 years? Ouch.

Well this really isn't on specifically Macross model kits, so I hope this doesn't get closed, but...

How is Bandai like for doing a production rerun for a particular kit? I'm specifially looking for the MG 1/35 Patlabor kits ESPECIALLY the EX Command Car and the EXLT Tank.  I bidded on the Tank on Ebay but lost when I was asleep.  :(

Checking with Hobby Link Japan, they mark these kits as DISCONTINUED, and that makes me sad, but they say some companies will rerun their production every few years...

So what is your experience with Bandai's rerun for their production.  How long will I have to wait?  >_> 

Erm, some of these kits were produced about 2002, and I'm guessing they do a run every 5 years?  Ouch.

344694[/snapback]

The EX kits may never be re-issued. The EX means Limited Edition. They do short runs of them and charge accordingly. I wish they would re-issue them as I missed out on a number of them.

Well..how much would you pay for a 1/35 Patlabor command car or the EXLT Spider Tank? >_>

I'd go about $50 USD for any of the Ingrams. I can get then for about $50 CDN at my local Chinatown, but they're the flak armour types. The regular ingrams go for about $80 CDN at other hobby shops around town.

you my friend, take a decided backseat to my demand of a re-issue elintseeker. Tell you what... I'll find what you want and you get me what I want and we'll trade :rolleyes:

sadly many things will never be reproduced and more than half of those few items reproduced won't compare to the originals. I just want a set of friggin jarts! Every garage sale I went to as a kid had them for less than a buck but try and find them now :blink:

gonna have to make my own with crosbow bolts it looks like... at least with spring loaded broadheads I know somebody will get hurt before we get boared. Life is always more exciting on the way to the ER :rolleyes:

Er? Reissue Elintseeker? Are you talking about Hasegawa? They've got plenty of those on ze internetz! However sadly Patlabor 1/35 are hard to find, and the EX are well, next to impossible. Probably even if I went to Akihabara - Tokyo I'd be outta luck.

as allways... or perhapps ass-always I am refering to both. I want the bandai ve, not the hase. I have most of the hase ve... to mount on my bandai hcm vf... I like the durability of toys and the detail of models.... combine them and I'm in heaven... or at least I would be if I didn't have to do the friggin work :rolleyes: . Try puting a post in the wanted section... with pics. I had some patlabor stuff a while back. I had no idea what it was, besides what was written on the kit, and off it went somewhere... probably ebay. The point is that a. the wanted section can be of great use [at least if bobe ever give me head!!!], and many people don't know what they have unless they see a pic. Case in point... frst time somebody offered me a "glaug" I responded... I want an officers pod... what the F is a "glaug"? :blink:

Er? Reissue Elintseeker?  Are you talking about Hasegawa?  They've got plenty of those on ze internetz!  However sadly Patlabor 1/35 are hard to find, and the EX are well, next to impossible.  Probably even if I went to Akihabara - Tokyo I'd be outta luck.

344738[/snapback]

Have you tried Yahoo! Japan auctions? I can't find the items there right now but I'd say it's probably your best bet, unless you can find an import shop or something that has some kicking around.

(I had given up hope of finding an EX Redtail until I found one at Gundam Store & More - likewise there was a point in time where I was trying to find the Gasaraki Raiden and a bunch of them turned up at Gundamshop. It's unusual, but there are times when the kit you want will just turn up, if you do the right digging...)

As for reissues - I imagine Bandai will reissue all the 1:35 Patlabor stuff at some point, simply because they have the molds. But they'll make us wait years, I'm sure, since Patlabor, while popular, isn't so hot a property that they can just keep the stuff in constant circulation...

Well..how much would you pay for a 1/35 Patlabor command car or the EXLT Spider Tank?  >_>

I'd go about $50 USD for any of the Ingrams.  I can get then for about $50 CDN at my local Chinatown, but they're the flak armour types.  The regular ingrams go for about $80 CDN at other hobby shops around town.

344715[/snapback]

How much money do I have at the time...

Your welcome. Glad you got it. :) I was worried you wouldn't see the post until lit was too late. It's always fun to help someone get something they've been searching for. Just be sure to post pics when you've completed it! ;)

If you don't mind my asking, how much was total price in Cannuk Cash after shipping?

Edited by Chas

Your welcome. Glad you got it. :)  I was worried you wouldn't see the post until lit was too late. It's always fun to help someone get something they've been searching for. Just be sure to post pics when you've completed it! ;)

If you don't mind my asking, how much was total price in Cannuk Cash after shipping?

345116[/snapback]

I'm not sure but at least $20 CDN just for shipping and $35 CDN (there is a $5 handling -admin charge) for the kit.

ALSO!

EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got the second chance offer to BUY IT NOW for the EXLT Tank! I WON! kITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else we will buy! :lol:

I'm not sure but at least $20 CDN just for shipping and $35 CDN (there is a $5 handling -admin charge) for the kit.

ALSO!

EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got the second chance offer to BUY IT NOW for the EXLT Tank!  I WON!  kITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

345227[/snapback]

Well it turns out that:

1) Animecastle doesn't have Ingram Type 3 instock, so instead I ordered the Ichijo and Misa resin statues.

2) Mandrake web site doesn't have Type 2 instock, but the guy there emailed me saying they have Type 3 selling for $30 CDN or 3000 Yen excl shipping and charges etc.

3) Seeing as I'd rather get this Type 3 intown, so I just returned from Uncle Bill's Hobby with the Type 3 for $78 CDN.

This sounds expensive but:

1) I get the kit in my hot little hands now

2) The $30 CDN excludes shipping of about $25CDN plus any customs charges, plus there's a chance of getting it lost, plus there's the wait period, which drives me nuts.

3) Almost instant gratifcation. Hopefully this Ingram won't melt away like my Elintseeker.

DAMAGE REPORT DAMAGE REPORT!

Well, I went a bit crazy yesterday, and mom wasn't pleased.

What I got:

Patlabor 1,2, and 3 INGRAM for a total of $255 CDN. Crazyness.

Plus I already won that Ebay item, the EX tank for $70 CDN...

This won't even include the Macross resin figures for about another $70 CDN...

Then the Valkyrie VF-4 I'm gonna get from Valk009 ...another $100 CDN

My mom is going to kill me. :blink:

Whoa! No wonder she's not pleased. :blink:

Hey it happens to most of us (well, a couple times for me), compulsive obsessive buying spree is fun until you sit down and ask yourself "Why the heck did I do that for?" :lol:

DAMAGE REPORT DAMAGE REPORT!

Well, I went a bit crazy yesterday, and mom wasn't pleased.

What I got:

Patlabor 1,2, and 3 INGRAM for a total of $255 CDN.  Crazyness.

Plus I already won that Ebay item, the EX tank for $70 CDN...

This won't even include the Macross resin figures for about another $70 CDN...

Then the Valkyrie VF-4 I'm gonna get from Valk009 ...another $100 CDN

My mom is going to kill me.  :blink:

346653[/snapback]