Castlevania movie coming.......

Jemstone

actually that wont happen thank god, reportedly according to several interviews with Hideo kojima, if there ever is going to be a MG movie, kojima himself would have to be the director, otherwise they wont option out the rights. But then again money hats seem to be all the rage these days..

Mgs directed by Uwe boll...... *shudders and hides in his cardboard box*

actually that wont happen thank god, reportedly according to several interviews with Hideo kojima, if there ever is going to be a MG movie, kojima himself would have to be the director, otherwise they wont option out the rights. But then again money hats seem to be all the rage these days..

342218[/snapback]

in the end however it is Konami's game and they can do what they want with it. just because Hideo kojima says it is the only way, does not mean that he is in charge of Konami. while he designed the Metal Gear Solid Games , i do not think he is the original copyright owner of the Metal Gear series , remember metal gear came out in the 1980's and I am pretty sure Konami holds the basic rights to it.

chris

Ignoring the game's merits or lack thereof, it seriously broke the continuity of hte universe. There were a lot of rather blatant contradictions that were clearly the result of someone who had never seen anything but a rough outline of the Metroid franchise.

To be fair, I found Zero Mission to carry similar faults. They were just less verbal about it(and I never felt like the game was actively mocking me).

To be fair, then, I'd like to point out that Fusion was really my second experience with Metroid... the first having been the original. I'm mostly (blissfully) unaware of the continuity, having really only played the original, Fusion, Zero Mission, and the first Prime (and of those, only having finished Zero Mission and Fusion).

That helps a lot.

You don't get that nagging voice in the back of your head yelling "The omega metroid is immune to beams!" during the final battle, for example(in fact, every evolution past the basic jellyfish{which can only be frozen, not damaged} is, excepting the ones in Prime, which are convenienly exempted from the issue due to extensive phazon mutation).

I'm also still holding a grudge about the battle with SA-X. I spent a couple of HOURS unloading missiles into it before I gave up, looked it up online, and swore profusely at the idea that it was immune to explosives. Never considered beams, because it ran counter to everything I've learned through 4 and a half Metroid games(Prime at least had the scanner to warn you about nagging problems like weapon immunity).

Should I point out that Zero Mission breaks Prime, since Samus can't head straight from Zebes to Tallon 4 in her REAL ship? Or would that be mean and spiteful?

As far as the gameplay goes, yes, Fusion was a tad more linear, with the computer telling you rather obviously where you needed to go.  But it was still a fun little romp.

Personally, I resented the linearity. Not because it was there(it's been there since Metroid 2, which was every bit as linear as Fusion), but because it was so blatant about it.

Every time you did anything, every door was locked immediatly.

It felt like the game was thumbing its nose at me. "Oh, you wanna play with your new powerup? That's nice... hang on while I lock the door to every room you want to might want to use it in."

I prefer the more subtle kind seen in Metroid Prime and the RPG Castlevanias.

New powerups let you reach previously inaccessable places, and thus enforce linearity without the game actively telling you what to do(unless you left Prime 1's hint system on, which is a good way to go insane).

342218[/snapback]

in the end however it is Konami's game and they can do what they want with it. just because Hideo kojima says it is the only way, does not mean that he is in charge of Konami. while he designed the Metal Gear Solid Games , i do not think he is the original copyright owner of the Metal Gear series , remember metal gear came out in the 1980's and I am pretty sure Konami holds the basic rights to it.

chris

342219[/snapback]

Kojima designed the originals too.

And while Konami DOES hold the rights and CAN do whatever they want with it(See: Snake's Revenge), Kojima currently seems to have a fair bit of clout in regards to "his" games, perhaps due to how long he's been with the company(or how much cash he's made them).

Who knows. Maybe Jackson's Halo will be so good that producers will actually start to license video games with the intention of hiring the proper talent to do them, knowing that more cash might actually be made that way. They might even jealously guard the licenses from the likes of Bolle and Andersen so that they can be properly made instead of being squandered and butchered like they usually are. U2 might do the soundtrack. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

I would actually love to see a MGS movie. But I demand that Kojima only be allowed to be responsible for part of the treatment, and that a team of scriptwriters be there to call him out on his tendencies to inject plot twists and then never resolve them.

Edited by Sundown

If Jackson dosnt pull off a good film renditon of Halo he may well have to disappear into his Hobbit house never to be seen again the shame of doing so well in LOTR and then doing a turkey could be too much.

Also the Film rights to Mechwarrior have been bought ( cant remember who by ) and a script is being writen.

This is a bit close to home when you consider its roots arnt too far from Macross.