Cut loose some of the looooong threads.

i have noticed in other forums that after you cut loose a long thread (after 1000 posts or so) that if you close it and re-open one with similar name the forum loads faster. i have noticed that some of our threads are getting long.

some forums do this with a bot . but i am clueless as how it works. just thought people who care might appreciate how to tweak this place to make it better.

Edited by buddhafabio

That doesn't really help. All you are doing is replacing a long thread with a short thread, so of course the forums load faster...it has less to grab from the database. When you perform a search, the search still has to dig through long and short threads regardless and will end up searchig and returning more threads and be slower on average (you would not notice the speed since computers are fast anyways, but given test conditions and such, then you would notice).

that and I'm proud of the threads I've started that have 1458 replies and counting. It indicates that I can actually pose a question that people find interesting... occasionally at least :rolleyes: