Yamato 1/48 stickers

Razor

As this is my first post, please bear with me!

I have two 1/48 scale Valks, with almost no stickers applied.

I started on the VF-1S, and happened across this forum.

Because of the overwhelming preference to Takatoys aftermarket stickers by other site users, I've just ordered 2 sets of the stickers.

Now, my problem!

I have already applied some of the Yamato stickers, and I'm wondering, will it be difficult to remove them without marking the fuselage?

They have been on the Valk for about 3 months now!

Plus, as you have to cut out the Takatoys versions, should I purchase a circle template for cutting out the Macross roundels, or will a compass/dividers do?

Many thanks!

As this is my first post, please bear with me!

I have two 1/48 scale Valks, with almost no stickers applied.

I started on the VF-1S, and happened across this forum.

Because of the overwhelming preference to Takatoys aftermarket stickers by other site users, I've just ordered 2 sets of the stickers.

Now, my problem!

I have already applied some of the Yamato stickers, and I'm wondering, will it be difficult to remove them without marking the fuselage?

They have been on the Valk for about 3 months now!

Plus, as you have to cut out the Takatoys versions, should I purchase a circle template for cutting out the Macross roundels, or will a compass/dividers do?

Many thanks!

333881[/snapback]

Welcome to MW Razor.

You could just cut them out freehand. Just do it with patience and care, you'll have no trouble at all. Also remember to use tweezers to remove stickers from the sheet and applying them your valkyries.

;)

You might also consider using a set of smaller-sized scissors to cut out the round emblems. I find that with a little patience and care, I can get 'em perfect and it's easier to cut one continuous circle with scissors than it is with a hobby (xacto) blade.

H