Armored Valkyrie ARII to Hasegawa modification

Less than Super Ostrich

I was thinking of taking the old 1980's ARII 1/72 Armored Valkyrie and modifying it to fit the Hasegawa 1/72 Battroid. Is it a fruitless attempt or can it be done?

I think it's definately possible, I think you'll really have to go slow and think it through. I wanna do the same thing.

I started one that I may finish in a million years or so.....the legs are the biggest mod IMO, they need to be thinned from both the front and the sides, the arms also need to be thinned and the shoulder launchers need to have material added to make them fit the hasegawa's thinner shoulders. the complexity of the chest depends on 2 things, 1 if you want the armor to be removable and 2, if you want the missle doors to open.

I started one that I may finish in a million years or so.....the legs are the biggest mod IMO, they need to be thinned from both the front and the sides, the arms also need to be thinned and the shoulder launchers need to have material added to make them fit the hasegawa's thinner shoulders. the complexity of the chest depends on 2 things, 1 if you want the armor to be removable and 2, if you want the missle doors to open.

Making the armor removable would be coo...but a berar...no? (I thought the armor and the interior parts were cast together...they are on the 1/100)

I think it's definately possible, I think you'll really have to go slow and think it through. I wanna do the same thing.

Yes LTSO, It is possible since I am doing it for the second time. But the key is to think it through as you go. I have modified mine a lot more that the last attempt. Is not quite necessary to thin the leg armor on the front but definitively shorten the width some (from the sides).

Like Mslz22 said the legs are the hardest part to modify and everything except the chest plate has to be thinned, puttied and sanded a lot otherwise you'll have a chunky, stubby battroid.

You can go to the 'magazines' section and follow the Armor of the hobby japan 10/2002 kitbash which used the Imaii and a base model.