Help! Can't finish my Max TV VF-1A Custom

Deadzone

I read the instructions for the Chris Beretta head replacement but still can't do it. The big problem is that the hole in the head is not deep enough. Thus, the head sort of sticks out too much and this scrawny neck shows. Am I suppose to just sand down the neck to the size of nub then stick the head on. I hope not. That would mean sanding off a quarter of an inch of plastic. For people who have done the Chris Beretta head replacement please offer help. I'm too close for this custom to look this bad. Thanks.

Max2

Hello Deadzone,

Welcome to MW!

It might not bother you too much judging by your member name, but I would be damned if I didn't re-register real quick like to get rid of that particular member number. :huh: But then again, it might be a source of pride for you. ;)

I have run into the same problem regarding the reissues and Chris Barretta heads. I had to do quite a bit of modification to get it to work properly. It is worth the effort, because you want the head to seat as low as possible, expecially in fighter mode.

Sincerely,

Christopher B)

reissues have different neck mounts.

if you use chris 1s, 1a, or 1d heads on a reissue you will have similar problems.

chris's heads were deisn'ed for jetfires.

you can swap in a jetfire neck mount or sand away!

and yeah, rob's head is waaaaaaayyyyy better than the fatty chris head. even the stock head looks better than that one, only thing it has going for it is the longer antennae