SM 1/72 Valkyrie Booster & Fighter Pod

robokochan

Hello All,

Mods please forgive me for posting this here. I just wanted to put this in a place where the modellers frequent.

Some of you know about the situation going on with my family, I won't go into details again, but certain events have risen up and I must part with a few of the Original Kits that I have helped come to life.

Basically what it comes down to is I want to see these kits go to a good home, to someone who will appreciate them as much as I did.

The 1/100 Zentradi Fighter Pod was the first kit I ever produced. It is also the first time I have had to honor of having something licensed by Big West and sold at Wonder Festival. The scratch build original was destroyed. However I still have the first ever produced resin kit, which was later used as the Master for the event kit and the Zentradi Logo Base.

The next kit I produced was the Zentradi "Dog-Fight" Booster which complimented the Tactical Pod Glaug. It was also in 1/100 Scale. Unfortunately the masters for it was stolen by the scultpor and it was never licensed.

Next up was my dream to make the VF-1 Booster. I had tried many times to get this kit produced. There were 2 attempts made to sculpt this. Both failed when my sculptor disappeared for months at a time..and then he ultimately destroyed the Masters for that.

Enter John. My good friend offered to help make my dream come true. He worked at what seemed to be a mad mans pace. And in a short time produced the most beautiful kit I had ever seen. The VF-1 Atmosphereic Booster. The amount of detail poured into this kit put it above par to the hasegawa it was designed to fit. Together with Jesse helping us we produced a production run of 50 kits. In actuality only about 38 were sold. I had hopes of getting it licensed for WF, and I did have pre-approval. But a paperwork error prevented me from getting the license. :(

Thank you for listening to my rambling.. :unsure:

Edited by samurai_m

you should let the SSM store continue to hold on to them and produce kits. I think they pay a certain amount to the master owner per kit made or sold, something like that. Id hate to see you lose something you worked so hard towards getting.

Hey Rob,

Think about the SSM option, as you may yet see a bit more return on those kits that you put so much effort into.

Thanks again for going to the trouble of getting the Booster porject out there. It and the launch arm will be taking pride of place amongst my kits.

I Hope everything works out for you man.

Cheers,

Brett T

Samurai, I missed out

on getting one of those atmospheric boosters. You still have some? How much?

329812[/snapback]

Rob seriously If you are in posetion of one I would be interested. If not keep us informed.

Samurai, consider SSM like first cousins once removed. John and Linda are like family to several of us. I for one would vouch for their character.

329827[/snapback]

Yah, what he said. :D

As a matter of fact, Joe "Gundamhead" Belding did a review of your VF-1 booster for SSM: 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Atmospheric Booster Kit Preview B))

Edited by godfather