Captain Power

Ladic

I had both jets, all three skill level tapes, and watched that show RELIGIOUSLY when I was a kid.

Man, this topic takes me back...

327044[/snapback]

We never DID get a Phantom Striker. Tried like 3 times.

Why did the badguys get the best vehicles? The Phantom Striker kicked the PowerJet's ass.

And the Interlocker was fully functional, whereas the Energizer wasn't even capable of doing anything but play target practice.

327062[/snapback]

and easily qualified as making the most annoying sound EVER....

I had both jets, all three skill level tapes, and watched that show RELIGIOUSLY when I was a kid.

Man, this topic takes me back...

327044[/snapback]

We never DID get a Phantom Striker. Tried like 3 times.

Why did the badguys get the best vehicles? The Phantom Striker kicked the PowerJet's ass.

And the Interlocker was fully functional, whereas the Energizer wasn't even capable of doing anything but play target practice.

327062[/snapback]

and easily qualified as making the most annoying sound EVER....

327067[/snapback]

Oh yeah....

I'd forgotten that, but you're right. All the way up there with baby Mario.

Seriously... I think Mattel had some kind of weirded out psycho sitting in the development room thinking "hmm, what's the most annoying sound we can give this toy??"

327089[/snapback]

Didn't the Energizer like totally own all the other vehicles though because it couldn't be hit and output an amazing amount of epilipsy? If only it did the same in the final episode.

dread12sz.jpglorddread5fp.jpg

Fear Lord Dread!

Sure he's a Vader ripoff being a cyborg in black...but he looks much better.

team082nt.jpg

Say what you will but I loved these powersuits as a kid. They'd kick the asses of any other Sentai team. I like how each suit really has a purpose and is designed to look that way.

Edited by ComicKaze

Seriously... I think Mattel had some kind of weirded out psycho sitting in the development room thinking "hmm, what's the most annoying sound we can give this toy??"

327089[/snapback]

Didn't the Energizer like totally own all the other vehicles though because it couldn't be hit and output an amazing amount of epilipsy? If only it did the same in the final episode.

Sort of...

You couldn't control it at all. It was impossible to lose points, but it was also impossible to GAIN points.

And it DID shift between target mode and firepower mode, so it was possible to hit it. It just didn't take damage when hit, though the other guy scored a point.

dread12sz.jpglorddread5fp.jpg

Fear Lord Dread!

Sure he's a Vader ripoff being a cyborg in black...but he looks much better.

I object. No one looks better than Vader.

Though Dread's certainly got a Vader thing going on. Got a bit of the Borg in him too.

team082nt.jpg

Say what you will but I loved these powersuits as a kid. They'd kick the asses of any other Sentai team. I like how each suit really has a purpose and is designed to look that way.

Don't forget... the sentai teams all have neon spandex. The Power team had shiny metal armor... well, plastic plates with metallic paint, but that's not the point.

It LOOKED like armor instead of pajamas. :p

So in conclusion... POWER ON!

Least we forget the metalheroes who wore the same fare in japan back in the 80's. Google Shaiyan/Shaider, Speilban, Juspion, Jiban (Even though it was a blatant Robocop ripoff), Machine Man, Cybercop, Byclosser and Bi-Fighter and Bi-Fighter Kabuto and you'll know what I mean.

Anyway I remember the Captian fondly at least from the toys and the video, I don't remember the series very well though. I used to go to a friends house after school (on minimum days) and played with his XT7 and shot at the cardboard foil target that came with the fighter. Later he bought volume one of the VHS series and came to my place (he didn't have a VCR) to play. He usually scored higher than I did plus on Saturday afternoon's at 3 is when Capt. Power aired and I scored pretty highly but forgot which episode though. I never owned any of the Capt. Power Toys not even the action figures I always relied on friends to let me borrow toys here and there. It was a toy line that was way ahead of it's time IMHO.

Heck yeah I remember this show. I remember when i was in Canada in Jr High visiting my grandparents and uncle's family I found a toy store that still had Captain Power figs. So I got my fave, Lt. Tank Elis. and jsut a couple weeks back I bought a Japanese Captain Power poster.