Wow.. cheap 1/48 VF-1A Max!

Daysleeper

Just happened to browse past the website of one of my fave import-stores around here in the Benelux, and noticed the number of toys listed under Macross - set up as one of my categories to keep a close eye on - went up.. one was a VF-1S Roy.. YAY! .. for 180 euro.. not-so-yay. -_-

But then noticed two pictures of Max in the listing.. they'd had the 1/60 forever, but.. could it be? YES! 1/48! And the price was.. *drumroll* 113 euro. That's about $140, for you non-European folks. :) (And shipping's always really good from these guys; for a measely 8 euro I get next-day delivery with track&trace. :D )

Not bad for a brandnew valk, I told myself; moreso in an insane country where a gallon of gas already costs over $7.50.. a conviction I was strenghtened in when I took a peek on Ebay to ascertain how good of a deal this really was. Prices in excess of $200?! Man. WTF.

Okay, so I fiddled with the quantities to try and see if I could grab a few for people here, but, unfortunately, it started complaining when I even put in 2. =/ I managed to snag the last - or perhaps the only - one they had, apparently.. Sorry about that.

It's weird.. I had three 1/48s and I really figured that was plenty for me. But these things, they just keep forcing their way into my collection, I swear. o.o I mean, I bought a Super Miria completely on impulse just last week, because a friend and fellow collector, having ventured into the 1/48 line but later deciding to focus on other things after all, was getting rid of it for a good price.. It's still sitting here in its box; haven't even had the time to extract it yet. And now another one..

Collecting 1/48 Valks just inevitably escalates, it seems..

Ah well. Guess this gives me something to snap the GBP armor on once it comes out.

Edited by Daysleeper

nice catch  ;)  If only youre here back then when Neova sold those suckers for USD 90 each  :o ....

326090[/snapback]

I was one of those lucky bastiches. :p

nice catch  ;)  If only youre here back then when Neova sold those suckers for USD 90 each  :o ....

326090[/snapback]

326456[/snapback]

Me too.

But then I got the other 13 from earlier long ago at $83 USD each. :p

Who said that 13 was an unlucky number? B))

326090[/snapback]

326456[/snapback]

Me too.

326545[/snapback]

good god. What do you do for a living, man? I am picturing you're like Adam Sandler in that movie where he was mega rich, driving around his mansion (filled to the roof with 1/48's) in a golf buggy! :D

andandand don't forget you gotta have the mega cool butler who bison jumps/folds everywhere and with the creepy foot fetish! haha :lol: classic :D

good god. What do you do for a living, man? I am picturing you're like Adam Sandler in that movie where he was mega rich, driving around his mansion (filled to the roof with 1/48's) in a golf buggy!
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

326090[/snapback]

326456[/snapback]

Me too.

326545[/snapback]

good god. What do you do for a living, man? I am picturing you're like Adam Sandler in that movie where he was mega rich, driving around his mansion (filled to the roof with 1/48's) in a golf buggy! :D

326665[/snapback]

Nothing special man. It was just THAT cheap!

326090[/snapback]

326456[/snapback]

Me too.

326545[/snapback]

326665[/snapback]

Nothing special man. It was just THAT cheap!

326716[/snapback]

as long as the penguins don't get them you should be ok :rolleyes: