Saint Seiya Hades Arc Sequal Confirmed

Sumdumgai

Okay guys the Saint Seiya Hades Arc sequal has been confirmed. They're continuing with the series with a brand new OVA.

Bad news though.

Seiya fans cry your eyes out, his seiyuu has been replaced. Shun's seiyuu has been replaced as well.

Kurumada's website with the news in English:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~saint/e-kinkiyou2005b.htm

Ergh. I hope the rest of the cast doesn't get replaced. :ph34r:

Is there a particular known reason why the seiyuu has changed? Seems like both voice actors are still young enough, and somewhat active in the business. Seiya just had a feature movie less than a year ago. Why make that change? Unless they lost their voices or had some kind of accident.

I'm guessing that Seiya was replaced by this new guy, because the new guy did the voice of one of the characters in Kurumada's pet anime Ring ni Kakero. I think he also does the voice of the main character in Bleach.

Other than Kurumada pulling strings, I'll hazard a guess on money issues. Maybe some of the Seiyuus wanted too much money.

Unless Seiya and Shun's seiyuus retired and we haven't heard about it (like Milo's original seiyuu who did Captain Harlock's voice, as well as Hiko Seijuro in RK).

Other than the info supplied on that page I have no idea.

I first heard about it from the Saint Seiya doujinshi booths at comic market, but couldn't confirm anything until recently.

If I get any more info, I'll post it in this thread. ;)

I'm just hoping none of the rest of the cast got replaced. :( Radamanthys already had a good seiyuu (Koyasu Takehito). Saga/Kannon's seiyuu rocked.

Seems like the whole main cast got new voices, not just a couple. I saw a japanese page some days ago with list of new seiyuus for each of the main characters. I am really not liking this. Not just that the voice is different, the emotions will be very different too, as different seiyuu will have different take on the acting. And if all they are trying is to mimic the originals, then whats the point of switching in the first place?

This is really a wrong move I think, especially when most of the Seiya fans are grown-ups that always remember the voices from more than a decade ago...

Edited by mpchi

Seems like the whole main cast got new voices, not just a couple. I saw a japanese page some days ago with list of new seiyuus for each of the main characters.

327764[/snapback]

Could you post a link to that page?

Because the complete anime cast isn't supposed to be announced until the 18th of this month. Are you sure that isn't for the radio drama? Because the radio drama has a different cast list from the anime. So far only Seiya and Shun's seiyuu have been announced.

• 2 weeks later...