Delphinus 3 C

electric indigo

I finally had the time and the right weather to take a good photograph of my Delphinus 3 and set up this CG illustration. For those who missed the info in the in progress thread, this is one of Neucom's "Radical Design" fighters from the "Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere" PSX game. Back in 2000, Hasegawa produced two excellent resin kits from the game, the Delphinus 1 + Delphinus 3.

I painted this one in Cynthia's custom colors, hence the "C" designation. It appears in the later part of the game.

-i-

delphinus3c.jpg

Oh sorry, I tend to forget that there also exists a "western" version of the game...

Anyway, only Rena, Dision and Cynthia have custom paint schemes, if I remeber that correctly. You can unlock their planes by completing each mission with "A" rating on the hard level, I think.

Rena: blue Flanker (UPEO paint scheme)

Dision: black F-15 and Raptor

Cynthia: white/orange with blue trim Delphinus 2 + 3 and Remora (the pointed high altitude plane that moves like a whale)

And you should try to get your hands on the J version.

-i-

yeah the western version of AC3 is really a wasted down version of JAC3. You can't even pilot the Remora and A/F-117. I wonder why did Namco think just because the japanese market didn't really like the story the overseas market would be likewise.

I will definitely try to get the japanese version.

There is a way to get some garage kits from TAC at this page

Mini Scale Wings

So if some one will give it a try . I would like to check this out myself but I don't have time or internet connection from mo-sa. The XFA-27 from Ace combat 2 would look great right next to the Delphinus Radical-103