Collector Edition Batman Begins Figure

I'm sure there's some Batman Begin fans and collectors of toys other than Macross around here...if so, this is for them.

Also, I know that this figure has been out for a while (as well as the movie) and has already been reviewed on http://www.mwctoys.com, but I just got my Collector Editon Batman Begins figure and I thought I'd share some pics of what I consider to be the best Batman action figure to have been produced in a long time.

I bought my Batman Begins Collectors Edition figure last week from Toys-R-Us ... in Norwich, England. They had around fifteen of them stacked on a shelf for 9.99 pounds each (about $18.00 US each). I wasn't all that impressed when I first saw the figure as I thought it was just a repaint of the poorly articulated Battle Gear Batman with a new cape in a nice window box. After a closer look, I was happily surprised to see all the articulation that this figure featured and that it was much closer to how Batman appears in the film than any of the other figures that have been released. This figure is a great addition to my collection, although I wish he were a little bigger so he could have mixed in with my Marvel Legends figures. You should definitely pick one up for yourself if you get a chance.

I read that this Collector Edtion Batman Begins figure is an international exclusive (UK and Austrailia only) and that it had a limited production run of only 5,000. I don't know if it's all true as the box inicates none of this, but recent eBay sales seem to support it as being true.

1121865856882_Batman_1.jpg

1119483590770_Batman_2.jpg

1120482923597_Batman_3.jpg

1120843927614_Batman_4.jpg

1122381122938_Batman_5.jpg

1119677793002_Batman_6.jpg

1123242956434_Batman_7.jpg

1119838612621_Batman_8.jpg

1122959407594_Batman_9.jpg

1119949204212_Batman_10.jpg

While I think its cool that they release a highly articulated and poseable Batman...I just feel like the figures or toys have gone way out of style since the mid 90's. I remember having a Batman Returns figure where you had Michael Keaton being able to dress up with pieces of Batmans costume, and I even had a few alterations of Batman himself with the infamous Batwing...but.....no....that was 10+ years ago I believe...I'll never think of batman the same anymore.