Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam

Is anyone else playing GvsZG? I bought it the other day and am loving it, but I'm pretty easy to please. It's great to finally be able to use Zeta era suits in a game like this, and the Titans themed Zeta looks pretty sweet :D What are some others' reactions to this game?

Oh yeah, I picked it up the day it came out, and have been waiting for the boards to come back up to talk about it!

Well, compared to Feddie vs. Zeon, here are some quick thoughts:

+Seems longer than FvsZ

+Z Gundam MS! (Gundam MkII Is my second-favorite MS)

+The ability to find alternate histories

+Playing as the main characters

+Don't have to wait for MS to be repaired, so I can play as many missions as I want in the MkII.

-Too many characters have the same missions.

-Since you can use better MS as much as you want, you spend a lot of time in "hero" MS, and you don't really spend a lot of time piloting stuff like Hizacks or Marasais.

Overall, I'd say it's the Gundam game that came out so far, especially for fans. But UC mode kind of begs the question... why couldn't they have taken a little more time, created a few more areas, added more pilots, routes, and MS, and taken UC mode all the way to Char's Counterattack? I mean, some of the alternate routes have you playing out some of the events, but with Z Gundam MS. The AEUG was already in play, Axis was already in play, plus the ZZ Gundam was already in play. And I would have loved for a chance to play as the Nu Gundam or a Zaku III.

How far along is everyone? I'm just past 200%.

Got it the day it came out. Haven't had much of a chance to play it, but since it's based on Federation vs. Zeon, I like it so far. But I wish suits like the Mk II would actually walk with their legs instead of float around usinf their thrusters (then again, I haven't played it much).

-Since you can use better MS as much as you want, you spend a lot of time in "hero" MS, and you don't really spend a lot of time piloting stuff like Hizacks or Marasais.

If you use the "grunt" MS on easier missions, you get more points to beef up better MS for harder missions. There's an MS point multiplier at the end of each mission that can get over 1000%!

when did it come out here?

6-30-05. That would have been the Wendesday before the 4th of July weekend.

If you use the "grunt" MS on easier missions, you get more points to beef up better MS for harder missions.

I figured that out, when I went after the Psyco Gundam in Hong Kong with a Zaku I. ;)

I opted to get the import instead (and don't regret it a bit, those dub voices are terrible, and mk is an english term, how the hell could they screw that up?), very much enjoy it. The Melee attacks have finally been improved enough to use in normal circumstances, and have a bit more variety too them. Though I agree, they should have just gone through ZZ & CCA with the MS, characters, & U.C. route. Wouldn't have taken "that much" extra. Maybe the next game (after Alliance VS Zaft).

So is it dub-only again this time?  Or did they not remove the Japanese voice track?

310568[/snapback]

Gundam Vs Zeta is dub only. All I neededt o hear was "Gundam M K II" to know I as right in buying the import instead.

Yeah ... the voices aren't that great. What gets me is that the voice actors from previous Gundam efforts are there, but they didn't work on the Zeta segments. I guess that gets chalked up to the studio that dubbed the series. I just think it's weird that they'll pay the guy who voiced Char in every other Gundam dub to appear in the game, but he doesn't do the voice of Quattro. And the M.K. 2 thing bugged me as well, though some of them actually got it right, and sometimes the VAs say one or the other depending on the situation.

I just kind of tuned out the voice acting. I mean, I know the story. I don't actually have to pay attention to Quattro's speech at Dakar or anything. What actually gets me is that they leave in all the really bad songs from the original Gundam (I find the songs that play on the Jaburo and A Baoa Qu levels especially irritating), but they didn't keep any of the songs from Z Gundam.

Japanese voices would have been better, but not $30 better for me to get the import.

Bad songs? What are you talking about? Those songs are awesome! Especially Char's theme damnit! As for the Zeta music, if you don't know why it's not there by now, I'm not going to bother telling you :)

Suffice it to say, ZZ's soundtrack is there in whole, we know that DVD release won't be a problem.

BTW, does anyone know how to unlock CG image 64? It's the only naturally purchasable item I haven't bought yet (my gallery is at 81%, finished UC at 300%, beat all the arcade routes with both sides, etc).

Edited by Keith