Queadlunn - Thoughts, questions, opinions

CkRtech

Hey all.

Do many of you have the Queadlunn hunk-o-mecha in your collection? What do you think of it? Have any idea if they are going to release it in a green (TV style) paint scheme?

For that matter, is the one from DYRL the same as the one in the TV show. They look the same to me....but then I haven't seen DYRL & the thing is always crashing through buildings are flying in zig-zags in the air in the TV series.

Is the detail pretty good? (Always different to have something in person than to have to see pictures on the net - but by all means, share pictures!)

Do you consider it a must have? (Red or Blue? I would say probably Red, wouldn't you?)

There's no indication that Yamato will release it in green, but Yamato plays its cards close to its chest. I think there are a lot of fans in the US and Japan who would like to see it in green.

The DYRL design differs from the TV design in more than just coloration. To quote Graham from his Q-Rau review (q.v.):

TV type green version - This would require resculpting of the eye-piece, communications antenna, front and side skirt armor and pilot figure, so obviously a fair amount of expenses is involved.

Or look at this page and note the differences in the antenna, "eye", and the "bell-bottom" portion of the legs.

granted it's the only mecha we've seen from macross blah blah blah...that thing is not worth the money to me...

I got a max one and plan to eventually pick up a millia just because I'm a completist for yamato stuff...but other than that, I don't see what the hubbub is about.

if they do make a green version...it better be hell of a lot cheaper than $90...like $40...

I have the red. Just happy the enemy mecha are being released so I won't complain.

Love how the cockpit opens up and all. Looks kind of cool from afar but basic up close. (they could probably make cheaper bootlegs of it) But its good to have if you have 1/60 valks that you want to have fighting against something.

Whether it is worth it depends on who you are. (how much value do you place on the mecha? do you only like the valks and transformable vehicles?) I think it would have been cooler if the pilot was a poseable action figure though. My qrau seems to have slightly loose hips which unless you have it standing leaning forward, it tends to tilt back and fall over.

Maybe they could do a Glaug next? Doesn't look like a hard toy to do. I would like to see a zentradi pilot which is poseable, (Kamjin?) can take its helmet off, wearing body armour/suit and has it's own rifle. Maybe they could also release the glaug booster which combines to its ass as an add-on?

glaug-booster.jpg

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I've got two red and one blue. My first red one's hips got a little loose finding the right pose, but the other two are rock solid. I'd buy a green TV version if it became a reality. And yeah, a 1/60 Glaug would be awesome, but since Yamato has mainly focused on DYRL toys and Kamjin wasn't in DYRL, I wouldn't count on it. But hell yeah, if they build it, I'll buy it!

I see it from the point of view that if they bothered to release 1/60 valks, then any 1/60 enemies would be equally accepted for them to release if they were looking to take advantage of the license. Having a 1/60 glaug and 1/60 Qrau and 1/60 valk displayed together in a battle would be cool. The two main recognisable enemies who pilot mechs are kamjin (battles hikaru in the tv series) and milia (battles max)

Now from the point of view of a collector it would make sense that you'd want the rivals (max and milia) fighting against each other in thier respective mecha. It just goes together well. Or maybe kamjin vs hikaru: Glaug against Battroid? (the scene where thier arms are blown off? Kamjin survives right to the last episode of the tv series and almost succeeds in killing everyone.)

BTW I don't think it should matter whether its from the the tv series or movie. They are both interconnected anyway. (just because you don't see a glaug onscreen doesn't mean it didn't exist in the DYRL "universe". I mean we only got to see regults for short time in the movie and it makes sense that glaugs really exist too given that the universes are tied together. Maybe slightly modified for a movie version but .....as I said, doesn't really matter to me, just release one: tv or movie. In fact if given a choice to choose a green qrau or red (lets just say they were released at the same time) I would have gone with green from the beginning. (I liked the idea that the zentradi were already united, but the sexes were seperated from each other to keep them under control vs the "forgotten memories" idea where they instantaneously stopped fighting. The movie version of events is just too cheesy. Tv events are much more believable)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i like them both, i just don't like how much i paid for them. :D

they're pretty cool for the most part considering theres not much out there to compare them too. they lack playability since they don't TF, you can't get crazed with posing them or the joints will get loose. i don't play play with my toys but the q-rau's don't do much so they just sit on my shelf.

The way I see it? If it was resin and was built exactly the same way, we'd all be scrambling for the $300 to put out for a Qrau like that. I'm glad Yamato put it out there. I love the toy... especially the blue one.

The way I see it? If it was resin and was built exactly the same way, we'd all be scrambling for the $300 to put out for a Qrau like that. I'm glad Yamato put it out there. I love the toy... especially the blue one.

you got a very good point.

get the rau! :D

I'd never put out $300 for it if it was resin...toys are toys, models are models...and I'm sure a lot of toy collectors don't build models(or are too lazy for it, like me :p )

save your money and pre-order a 1/48 vf-1a CF.

Kamjin wasn't in DYRL

He is, just not recognizable--he's the trooper who kills/gets killed by Roy.

But yeah, no Glaugs in DYRL. Still, Yamato has done the Hikaru-style 1J (appears for a second in DYRL in GBP armor but it's mainly a TV item), the M&M 1J's (TV only), the VF-1D (TV only), and the GBP (again, mainly a TV item).

And they'd be crazy not to make a nice Glaug, since the only real competition among toys is the old Matchbox version, and the design is immensely popular with fans of not only Macross/RT fans but also Battletech.