1/100 MG Gelgoog Cannon

port

I finished my Gelgoog last night. So I thought I'd post pics here rather than start a new thread. I actually finished this guy several months ago then sprayed a Mr Hobby clearcoat on him and it completely f**ked it up.. Dunno what was wrong with the clearcoat but it wasn't clear. Anyway. I got around to repainting him on the weekend and I gave him some weathering too, dunno if you can see it on the pics. I took these before going to work so they're pretty bad. I had to stop when my bird got interested. :D

ggside2fh.jpg

ggms046ae.jpg

ggfront024up.jpg

ggback025iw.jpg

ggback5wc.jpg

ggla5ea.jpg

ggms036wp.jpg

ggleg5pg.jpg

ggbird019ar.jpg

ggbird021zm.jpg

thanks! I wasn't so scared with weathering this one. I piled it on but it didn't come out too much.

I'm too scared to rough up my kits like yours, Port!

note for next time, I won't take pics of my toys near where the bird cage is. :D

Haha, that bird brings back memories of so many MSIA that my parrot trashed.... Good thing he never managed to get at any of my good stuff...

He's also taken out at least half a dozen keyboards, though. We come home and find he's walked a couple rooms across the house and has pulled every single key out of the keyboard, and chewed many up.

Just finished the top part of the leg. Going slow on this one. Can't help it though All I hear is.... Daddy Daddy, lets go out side! So we go out side. Can't say no to that.

post-26-1117165264_thumb.jpg

Edited by port

the rust and weathering really gives this mobile suit a nice WW II look to it, i cannot wait until you are done. btw you really need to get a better camera this one does not do your work justice.

chris

Technically there should be another swatzika (sp? ) on the other leg. Most WW2 german fighters had 2 swatzikas. One on either side of the rudder.

Other than that nitpick, it looks great. Give it a head and it'll look even better!

That's a good point... if you were trying to go for totally accurate fighter markings, it's a swastika on each rudder, white line Iron Cross on each wing top, and a white and black bar Iron Cross (I realize there are probably some technical terms for these, but I'm just winging it) on each wing underside... with a white and black bar Iron Cross on each side of the body...

On another note, you're really really making me want to go out and gt a cool Gundam kit like a Zaku of another grunt one and do it up olive drab and rust washed as a quick and easy fun peoject...

This sucker is done. All I have to do is the weapons. I'll do them later. I'm going to take a break so I can do some more Daddy stuff. I don't know what to do for the future, get another PG kit or wait for all those cool Macross toys to come out... Because I'm broke!

post-26-1117501612_thumb.jpg