East Coast Working Trip

Guys, I'll be leaving on the 16th for a 3 month working trip. Most likely I'll end up in the Eastern or South Eastern parts of the US. During the trip, I'll most likely be picking up Macross stuff along the way, so any MWers who live near or around the states of Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, could be so kind as to point out where I could go for shopping? I'll be looking for valks mostly like, 1/48s and 1/60s and whatnots in between.

A million thanks in advance.

I think that area is SERIOUSLY viod of anything you are looking for. You need to go to a more international city to find that. NY, SF, LA... Thats about it.

Tip while visiting NC: get out of NC as fast as possible. :ph34r:

j/k NC can be a very beautiful place. Decide if you want to past thru the Appalachian mountains, or boarder the coast, especially arround the summer. We got some of the best beaches arround. If you can make it out there, Emerald Isle is a very nice region. Swansboro, the town before that is nice, i lived there in HS, but it's small, still mostly for old people. :p

Now, to buy valks, you're just better off ebaying it. I only found one place near where I lived in Jacksonville that had some, but at a premium. They do have the B&M Buy Rite Games in Raleigh where they sell a couple of the Macross games (again, at a premium :( ).

So all and all, NC doesn't have much to take home with you. You could get me some stuff if you wanna? :D

Edited by Wes

LOL. I will certainly take that up under advicement.

hanks guys. mikeszekely, you mentioned DC, where in DC should I go for shopping then?

They don't have a ton of Macross stuff, but they do have some... not to mention a lot of anime and videogames, including a lot of imports, so definately check out Starland. There's two in VA (Annandale, and Centerville), plus one in Maryland (Greenbelt). Not sure about Centerville and Greenbelt, but the Annandale store is close to DC. You can check out their website here. My friend that lives in Annadale says that, aside from Starland, there's a lot of other little shops that have all kinds of Asian stuff (although a lot of it is Korean).

Aside from shopping, you could always check out the usual tourist stuff while you're there... the National Air and Space Museum, the Smithsonean, etc. If you can get over there, the Baltimore Aquarium is great, too.

Yup, nothing here in VA but rednecks and rebel flags. Except for my awesome ass. ;)

You have an awesome ass too!? Cool. Most of the time I am so taken with my pecs or biceps to really appreciate how great my ass is, my GF really likes it though.

They don't have a ton of Macross stuff, but they do have some... not to mention a lot of anime and videogames, including a lot of imports, so definately check out Starland.  There's two in VA (Annandale, and Centerville), plus one in Maryland (Greenbelt).  Not sure about Centerville and Greenbelt, but the Annandale store is close to DC.  You can check out their website  here.  My friend that lives in Annadale says that, aside from Starland, there's a lot of other little shops that have all kinds of Asian stuff (although a lot of it is Korean).

Aside from shopping, you could always check out the usual tourist stuff while you're there... the National Air and Space Museum, the Smithsonean, etc.  If you can get over there, the Baltimore Aquarium is great, too.

Hey thanks! I will certainly take the time to check out these stores. Estarland looks like EBGames or GameStop though.

Yup, nothing here in VA but rednecks and rebel flags. Except for my awesome ass. ;)

You have an awesome ass too!? Cool. Most of the time I am so taken with my pecs or biceps to really appreciate how great my ass is, my GF really likes it though.

My herculean physique is so dazzling that I was forced to grow a thick layer of fat over it so as to not distract the common folk from thier daily toilings.

They don't have a ton of Macross stuff, but they do have some... not to mention a lot of anime and videogames, including a lot of imports, so definately check out Starland.  There's two in VA (Annandale, and Centerville), plus one in Maryland (Greenbelt).  Not sure about Centerville and Greenbelt, but the Annandale store is close to DC.  You can check out their website  here.  My friend that lives in Annadale says that, aside from Starland, there's a lot of other little shops that have all kinds of Asian stuff (although a lot of it is Korean).

Aside from shopping, you could always check out the usual tourist stuff while you're there... the National Air and Space Museum, the Smithsonean, etc.  If you can get over there, the Baltimore Aquarium is great, too.

Hey thanks! I will certainly take the time to check out these stores. Estarland looks like EBGames or GameStop though.

Well, Starland does do mostly videogames, sure, but they're a much smaller company (only three stores), and unlike Gamestop or EB, they deal with imports and modded systems. And, like I said, they also carry more anime and anime related stuff.

If I may be helpful for a change and you find yourself in Richmond, VA you might try Dave's Comics. I havn't been there in years but they used to have lots of toys. Stories is also a pretty cool but sometimes pricey comic/used book/vintage toy store.

Thanks Opus and mikeszekely for the guides. I'll be sure to look into those stores the next couple of months up there.

And yes Opus, I can bring you food. Would authentic Chinese fried rice appeal to you? :p I know someone on the board here would waylay me for it. :D

If you're going to be through the DC area, Springfield Mall in VA has about 3 small anime shops in it, not to mention one of the last arcades in the area. It's right off I-95 "mixing bowl." You'll know it when the traffic suddenly comes to a screeching halt, even if it's 11 in the evening ;)