1/350 Enterprise

http://www.thomasmodels.com/refitmockup.html

For 60USD (you can get if for less at most retailers), this kit's a steal... blows Bandai's 1/850 out of the water.

I got two of them. (neither have arrived yet :angry: ) One I'm going pretty much make out of box (with a complete paintjob... minimal aztecing), and the second will be fully articulated and lit (hopefully, never messed with lighting before <_< )

Edited by haro genki

Nice, but the difference is the Bandai 1/850 is snap fit, and ready to build complete with lights.

I had the 1/850, and it was OK, but too small IMHO, this one would be the bomb if it was along the same vein. I really like the pics of the Reliant on their site!

What is this amazing starship exeter episode/series stuff they have going on? The model work here seems better than what we got on most of the official productions.

engrm33.jpg

Main engineering is sick, they reproduced the whole thing almost perfectly, I almost thought it was a full scale set.

And the detail on the destroyed USS Kongo is simply amazing.

ksaucer22.jpg

debris18.jpg

debris20.jpg

estab.jpg

Edited by ComicKaze

It's a fan produced series. And it's the reason the Motion Picture Klingon Cruiser in 1/350th scale has been dropped. The designer for the kits was working on this stuff instead of getting drawing in on time.

Wow, I didn't even know one was in the works...

I was actually hoping they'd at least do a 1/1000 for it; the ERTL TMP Klingon ship is impossible to find...

What is this amazing starship exeter episode/series stuff they have going on? The model work here seems better than what we got on most of the official productions.

Labor of love I guess... hehe :lol:

Anyone know which brick & mortar stores will be or are carrying this model? Found the NX-01 at Suncoast when it came out. But they never really could sell their stock of that model, and wound up discounting it by almost 80%. So I am not so sure if they will have the NCC-1701... Anyone know for sure? If not there, where else? My local hobby shop sucks, and I was hoping to avoid ordering it online. Maybe I can find it on the way to St. Louis this weekend.

I still need to get a new Enterprise. I have a Star Trek VI kit in pieces after it took a bad fall. I never could get her back together. I have another old one that was electronic but, if I remember correctly, the electronics are shot and it's still unbuilt. Maybe I'll get it together one day, when I'm better at this.

It's a fan produced series. And it's the reason the Motion Picture Klingon Cruiser in 1/350th scale has been dropped. The designer for the kits was working on this stuff instead of getting drawing in on time.

Its too bad they couldn't borrow all the sets from the Mirror episodes of Enterprise :)

One of mine just arrived today... it IS enormous :o

Where can I get one?

If you have a hobby shop nearby, they should be able to get them for you. If not, online places like Entertainment Earth, Starship Modeler (don't think they allow credit card though), Megahobby, and Hobby carry them. Polar Lights' (or RC2 now)sells directly through DieCast (something) Express... but they charge full MSRP.

Ignore the date on the photo... reset my camera and forgot to set the date back :ph34r:

post-26-1115676534.jpg

Edited by haro genki

One of mine just arrived today... it IS enormous :o
Where can I get one?

If you have a hobby shop nearby, they should be able to get them for you. If not, online places like Entertainment Earth, Starship Modeler (don't think they allow credit card though), Megahobby, and Hobby carry them. Polar Lights' (or RC2 now)sells directly through DieCast (something) Express... but they charge full MSRP.

Ignore the date on the photo... reset my camera and forgot to set the date back :ph34r:

Are Arghama and Enterprise in scale???!

Argama is 320meters, Enterprise is about 305meters. Size is pretty much the same on the actual ships...

The models though... they're not. The Enterprise is 1/350 and I think the Argama is 1/1700. I was just poking at Bandai's ridiculously small starship sizes :lol: