New "Macross Plus" US edition in June

Splash

They don't even include the movie! Hell, I just ordered both OVA DVDs from Amazon 2 days ago and then I read this...

Maybe I could have waited to replace my dubbed VHS for DVDs, but now that I've read that it's no different...I don't regret my order.

*for the record*

Some of the acting on the dub was OK, but I thouhgt that most of it was pretty bad, with 2 out of 3 leads being absolutely horrible.

My friends and I, when we want to poke fun at something, say: "I want to be with you, Myung. I want to be with you until the Ennnnd of tiiiiime....." :lol::lol:

Wasn't Macross Plus released 10 years ago? Does anyone know how long Manga's license is? I wonder if this release is Manga's last chance at milking the M+ license. It may explain why Manga (other than just being lazy bastards) won't remaster this release. Why spend the money on an expensive remaster if your license is about to expire.

Just my nickel.

Personally, I'd rather see an upgraded version of the movie over the OVA.  The movie disk is horrid, at least the one I have...

Like I said, unless there's new features to the M+ DVDs such as HD-compatibility, I'm not buying it. But until Manga confirms it, I'll buy the M+ Movie Edition DVD as is.

And here's another vote against the Plus dub cast!

but IIRC you don't like any dubs

I think for its time, the mid-90's, the dub is pretty good. I don't like Myung's voice though. And the English version of "Voices" sucks ass. The rest are fine despite the script changes.

This box set I probably won't buy unless the video/sound is remastered and the subtitles are now yellow instead of white. And they better keep those anti-drug PSAs from KISS on there too lol

too bad they can't put Macross Future Chronicle(contains footage from the SDF Macross) on there. Its on the Japanese DVD of the first Macross Plus episode and some of narration/text is in English IIRC.

Macross Plus was the only DVD release Manga's managed to get out (for the most part) correctly. Sure the video's a little dark, but there are no visable layer changes, audio qualities fine (although the dub audio was glitched on the first release of the disc's), video doesn't "look" like it's a straight VHS dump (as the movie edition & II do), etc. It was all down hill from there.

Also the subtitles for the Japanese track were mistimed on episode 3. I think the dub track on the first volume was in 4.1 instead of 5.1. I remember sending those back for replacements.

Ya most of Mangle's DVDs have some sort of problem. Either technical or some sort of editing. Ghost in the Shell, Blood : The Last Vampire and X: the movie were problem free. Even the very first release of Ninja Scroll was messed up(massive macroblocking, blurred scenes).