Enigma paint scheme

Wicked Ace

My apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't think it belonged in the "How to customize. . ." section, because I'm not discussing a how to. Anyway, I'm interested to know who gets credit for this awesome paint scheme that has been used on a few Macross toy customs.

i am not sure if this was a original design for a macross toy or if it is based on a real word fighter design. so i am not to sure who gets the original credibility for it.

chris

My custom 1/48 Enigma is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/m...stoms-148-3.htm

MW Member Kurt also did some absolutely incredible Enigma schemes, among many others.

Far as I know, the Engima scheme originates from a Japanese Hobby magazine, entirely made up by the artist/builder and not based on a real life scheme, but I could be wrong here.

Hayato Kobayashi created the paint scheme and built the first model showcasing it. You can see pictures of it in the October 2001 issue of Model Graphix. There are links to scans of this issue on the main site.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know who I'd be ripping off if I did a red tone version of this scheme, given the availability of the Millia 1/48.