Serenity Trailer Up!

Gaijin

Overnight box office is at 4.2 million first night, beating Out of the Blue and The Greatest Game Ever Played...not bad so far...hopefully the weekend numbers stay steady...usually Saturdays are the big jump and sundays back to Friday's takes.

I think a sequel will be in the cards...reviews are coming in from critics and they love it. People who never saw the show are being pleasantly surprised seeing the film.

The Shawshank Redemption , Lord of the Rings, Godfather, Shindlers list?

Wanna see something funny? Go to yahoo top rated movies of all time. Serenity is right there in top 10. Talk about a fanbase. Even if the movie has a moderate box office ticket sales, the fanbase sure pushes it to another level.

Yahoo Top rated Movies

post-366-1128276448.jpg

Saw it Friday night. Was fairly decent, but the early buzz had somewhat overhyped it - it was somewhat of a letdown after all that hype. By no means bad, and certainly much better than most scifi.

I've seen and enjoyed most of the series, and the movie was sort of like a big TV movie version of the series. It's too bad that the show is basically over with, and that this movie will most likley be its last itteration.

Pretty good performances all around, although I grew tired (and was already tired of) the River character and her doctor brother. The movie and show suffered I think from too many characters. The dialogue was top-notch, with double meaning in nearly every sentence "How's she holding up?", if only more scifi movies adhered to solid dialogue like this.

Pretty good movie. I think word of mouth might give it a good run. I took my girlfriend and she liked it too. I think it has a general appeal. There are likable characters, smart dialogue, and plenty of action.

I would have never gone to see this movie but decided to after seeing how much some of you were excited over this movie. Now I want to watch the TV series.

Well, it did beat Jessica Alba in a bikini which which had the benifit of 600+ more theaters and beat it by about 3 million. Plus...word of mouth will keep the numbers up. It releases in Aus and the UK soon where there a lot of fans as well...I don't doubt the worldwide figure is doable.

Edited by Gaijin