Gundam toys in the US are officially dead..

I guess it's not much of a surprise.

I haven't paid much attention to Bandai's Gundam offerings since they quit making 12" DX toys alltogether. I'll always be glad they at least tried to offer them here because it saved me quite a bit of money and headache not to have to import each larger DX I saw.

Once they stuck with the overpriced ArchEnemy, MSiA, and SD stuff, I could really care less.

The only SEED toys ive seen, are the active and deactive strike MSIA. in a local rite aid none the less. I bought the active strike, but i was pissed that it lacked the alle strike pack.:(

other than that i havent seen anything. i would love to pick up the astrays, and the Arch enemy Alle stike, but alas no whare in north sandeigo county has ether..

I usually just buy HGs anyway if I want Gundam toys :lol:

No big loss for me either, seeing as you'd never see Gundam toys on shelves around here anyway.

Edited by haro genki

I miss those days when I can walk in a Target or Walmart to hunt down a Kampfer, Alex NT-1, Nu-Gundam, Re-GZ, Sazabi, Gouf Custom, Zaku I...etc. for a mere few bucks. And since the good ones are always hard to come by (thanks to Bandai's marketing strategy with no restocking), there is always a great sense of fun & surprise if you do see a good one hiding somewhere on the shelves.

Since they slowed down majorly on the U.S. side with no new UC additions(especially the Zeta stuff), my MSIA collection stop growing. I do import sometimes, but only on figures I can't live without, as I can use the money for 1 import figure + shipping to get like 3 domestic release. Even with the recent releases of the Zeta stuff in Japan, I find myself not caring as much of importing them, mainly because of the high price, which I would have bought in a heartbeat if I could pick them up locally. Stuff like Asshimar, Marasai are great, but not when they cost like $20+ a piece shipped, when something similar used to cost $6.

I have to agree that Bandai America really messed it up on this one. You just won't find much of any robot toys out there right now that is as cool & as accessible as the MSIA, whether its for a 4 year-old or 40. Just the fact that I constantly had to HUNT for the good ones shows that these stuff really did sell...

Contiuning my lack of being able to find gundam toys, anyone in the san deigo area have luck finding Gundam toys/models in normal retail channels ie, not a store that deals specificly with anime. im talking places like wallmart etc.

So far in my search ive only dug up a HG RX-78-2 and a MSIA Strike. any info would be apreciated.

KB toys has a bunch of gundam stuff everytime I go. SEED MSIA/Battle scarred g gundams, 3/10$, same with SD gundam. The AILE strike MSIA box set went for 5.99. TRU has good prices as well. OH yea mobile fighter 7.5 inchers at KB are 2.99 and battle damaged ones are 4.99@TRU.

The SEED ones I have been able to find are AILE strike box, deactiv Strike, activ Strike, Buster, Duel, Blue astray, and red astray. Red astray is awesome but his thighs block the hip articulation somewhat. Nonetheless for 3.30$ I am not complaining at all!

At my local KB, in addition to the Seed releases mentioned by others, they had the GP-02 and GP-01FB on the newer designed cards. So I think some of the last round of the wave that included the Full Armor Gundam may be leaking out as well.