A kit I wish will come into bieng

laroy

I hope that there will be a inspiration for a Resin 1/72 scale Fighter pod with detailed cockpit and pilot. If any of you wonderful talented sculpters are pondering one, I will take 2. I think there are just not enough enemy kits out there that are nice in detail.

theres a 1/100 fighter pod that samurai-m aka monkey nugget made, but a 1/72 would be sweet!!! :)

from Rich

I have the 1/100 and it is a beautiful kit, just want a couple of fully detailed 1/72 to go with my 1/72 scale stuff. Rob had stated before that he planned a detailed cockpit 1/100 scale but something came up though.

This is something I've been wanting to try for a long time.

Although it would be my first attempt at sculpting and so there's no way I would think about selling the results until it is finished and everyone could see the quality.

One other small problem would be finding the time to do it. :p

Wife, kids, hobbies and one full-time and one part-time job seem to take up most of my time. :blink:

Could be a great application for HydroSpan.

Edit: although, reading a bit more closely, since each casting ends up 1.6 times the previous one, it would go from 1/100 to about 1/60. Not sure how to do an intermediate size.

2. Can I remove the HydroSpan casting from the water bath early if I desire less than a full 60% expansion?

* Answer: Yes, if HydroSpan is cast into a symmetrical shape of uniform thickness like a disk or sphere. Symmetrical shapes will grow at a uniform rate and you may be able to remove from water bath early when desired expansion is achieved. If the casting is of a non-symmetrical shape, like the shape of a human hand, the thinner extremities will grow at a faster rate than thick sections causing temporary distortion until full expansion is achieved. For example, expanding the shape of a human hand will result in the fingers becoming fully expanded faster than the thicker palm cross section. If allowed to soak long enough the casting will eventually regain exact per portion and detail as all sections achieve full expansion. If you are expanding very small shapes with fine extremities it may be necessary to slow the expansion to prevent cracking of the HydroSpan. You can do this by placing your HydroSpan casting in a closed jar containing a wet cloth. Moisture from the cloth in the sealed jar will grow HydroSpan at a more even but much-reduced rate compared with full water emersion. We are also evaluating methods of more precisely controlling the enlargement process. We believe it is possible to achieve incremental expansion levels by addition of measured amounts of micro granulated fillers to the HydroSpan, but we do not recommend this yet.

Yeah I have the Gundamhead 1/72 version, it was one of his early sculpts though so it could be better. No offense Gundamhead.

Actually, that was my sculpt, (Gundamhead is my brother :ph34r: ) and it was my first serious attempt. That's about 4 or 5 years ago now, I used run of the mill air dry clay(shrinks and is fragile), so the results weren't too good. I've since realized the greatness of modelling putty like 'magic sculp' which doesn't shrink at all and stands up to serious carving or dremeling.

Plus my mold making abilities just plain suck... :D

I've been toying with re-sculpting the Pod Fighter and making more parts for easier molding. But I have to say I doubt I'm up for building a whole cockpit for it. Maybe landing gear. Are there even any refrence pictures of the cockpit?

Yeah I have the Gundamhead 1/72 version, it was one of his early sculpts though so it could be better.  No offense Gundamhead.

Actually, that was my sculpt, (Gundamhead is my brother :ph34r: ) and it was my first serious attempt. That's about 4 or 5 years ago now, I used run of the mill air dry clay(shrinks and is fragile), so the results weren't too good. I've since realized the greatness of modelling putty like 'magic sculp' which doesn't shrink at all and stands up to serious carving or dremeling.

Plus my mold making abilities just plain suck... :D

I've been toying with re-sculpting the Pod Fighter and making more parts for easier molding. But I have to say I doubt I'm up for building a whole cockpit for it. Maybe landing gear. Are there even any refrence pictures of the cockpit?

Oops...sorry about that...I thought there were cockpit references...Ill look