Eureka Seven

Renato

So, who managed to see this?

It's better in terms of style and overall mood than Aquarion, in my opinion from what I have seen so far, but again with the "I'm a kid destined to be the pilot of a powerful special robot and gonna save the earth."

And the robots do in fact "surf", as I feared when I first saw the designs. And they transform into Galaxy Force Megatron / Cyber Formula cars. Good thing is that there is no cheesy transformation sequence nor screaming of attack names, they just do it.

Anyway, check it out.

http://www.eureka-prj.net/

I just saw the preview trailer and I though it was good , somehow reminded me of Soutern Cross with the surfing mechas , which is cool anyway , the designs are a lot more original than Aquarion´s in the sence that they do not resemble AC as much as they do in SnA.

Just for the record before the first Ep. is out , Kawamori is just the mecha designer not the director so for those naysayers ( there´ll always be some of them ) do not bitch about Kawamori cliche direction. Not that this is the impression Eureka left me with cause in fact I felt it was awesome but there´s always people who take the chance to whine about everything even works of art.

It's better in terms of style and overall mood than Aquarion

It's Bones style VS Kawamori style again. I am the one who talked about it but it's still hard for me to believe it.

I don't have seen Eureka 7 yet but I would pick Aquarion every time. I think nothing can be as cool as Kawamori style.

And the robots do in fact "surf", as I feared when I first saw the designs.

Screencaps where they were doing it were already widespread.

Good thing is that there is no cheesy transformation sequence nor screaming of attack names, they just do it.

This is because it's a Real Robot compared to Super Robot.

However, you should notice that Solar Aquarion, the main robot, fights with fists, and thus there's no need to scream whatsoever. Kawamori tried his best to meet your demands.

FV

Just watched the first subbed version (Nanashi) and I thought it was a really cool show, Aquarion is epic and classy and will proabaly be more memorable in the long run but this was fun!

Loved the surfing animations, very fluid and elaborate and the instant transformations work well here beacuse it's a really simple design. Especailly compared to Aquarion.

I was surprised to see from the intro that it looks like it will go in the direction of a Gundam show, there's a squad of these robots launching from a mothership and a lot of very military looking characters.

• 4 weeks later...