Macross Dynamite 7

grss1982

I just saw a macross 7 dynamite dvd here in the philippines, but there is something weird about it. in its cover there is a drawing similar to this:

ma205e.jpg

but the wierd thing is instead of the basara's VF and mylene being on top in the DVD i saw, it was either a picture of Isamu in the yf-19 or the vf-11, similar to this two (sorry i could'nt remeber which one exactly):

isamu12.jpg

isamu07.jpg

I Also opened the case and the DVD itself had the same drawing that i described above, plastered to it.

my question is: does this mean that the DVD has macross plus (movie version or OVA) as a bonus or what? :unsure: Also are there Macross DVD's out there that feature macross plus the movie or OVA as a bonus?

Take not though that since i'm in the philippines it could be a pirated copy, :angry:

the store that sells it though is a legitimate anime hobby shop with gundam models, anime books/comics and other related material. :blink:

THanks in advance for any replies!!!!!!! ;):p:D:lol:B))

Edited by grss1982

Definitely bootleg.

the store that sells it though is a legitimate anime hobby shop with gundam models, anime books/comics and other related material.

Even legit stores can sell bootlegs.

Definitely bootleg.

the store that sells it though is a legitimate anime hobby shop with gundam models, anime books/comics and other related material.

Even legit stores can sell bootlegs.

yes. Most of the anime stores around me sell bootleg stuff. They even say it on the tags. Bootleg section! :p:D:lol: Yes I know it's sad that legit anime stores end up selling boots. It's just that prices of the boots when they buy in bulk is soooo much cheaper so they end up going that route. Less money the spend, the more money the can make.

The first pic you posted is nothing but a mish-mash of different illustrations and would never be an official cover for D7, so it's definitely a bootleg.

I wonder why i says "and Movie", though. My bet is it just has the four D7 episodes.

I have That DVD, w/o the Isamu Pic in it. The reason it says "and movie" is because it contains the OVA and movie in the same disk. IIRC, the menu has the OVA chapters first, the the movie broken into 2 chapters.

edit: I meant the Macross 7 movie, not M+

Edited by turelpld